Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

engine oil pressure low

kamaal hussain

Country Flag
uk
Hi, I get a warning light everytime I go over 2k revs " engine oil pressure low ", it was recently serviced at has only done 92k miles, 3.0 d-4d auto 150 series.

Still drives fine but slightly worried.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Any oil leaks? Oil filter and sump plug in correctly?

Did it happen just after the service? Are you using your usual oil or did you change grade?

This can be a sign that your oil pick up is blocked. Dump the engine oil and inspect the oil pick up by looking up through the sump plug hole. If the mesh looks nice and shiny it's good if it it is dark and clogged looking the sump will need removing and the pick up cleaned. If this is the case the cause is also a big concern as it means there is a chance one or more of your injector seats could be leaking. Check sooner rather than later as a blocked pick up can result in a new engine being required once it seizes up from oil starvation.

Last edited:
It was only serviced 2k miles ago. I’ve just purchased it today. Engine oil is still clean and not gone black. Yes has some oil around the filter area. I will try and wash this off And try and see where oil was coming from... could it be oil pressure switch?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oil around the filter area is normal after the filter is changed. If it was the switch it would likely always be on. If you dump the oil and check the oil pick up and its clean you can put the oil back in. These engines are about 15k au to replace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Gasmanjc, drop the oil preferably when warm and allow several hours to drain fully, then have a good look at that pick up mesh.

Back