Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Problem with my Landcruiser 200

Adeel Qureshi

Country Flag
pakistan
Hi there. Hope everyone is fine. I need some guidance with my LC 200 series having 1VD-FTV engine. recently i started hearing knocking sound from my engine. It started increasing and now once i have opned up the engine, the bore and pistons are damaged. i just want to know, what can be the probable cause so that i may avoid it

Hi there. Hope everyone is fine. I need some guidance with my LC 200 series having 1VD-FTV engine. recently i started hearing knocking sound from my engine. It started increasing and now once i have opned up the engine, the bore and pistons are damaged. i just want to know, what can be the probable cause so that i may avoid it
A friend of mine has just rebuilt a 4.5 v8 from the 200. Bottom end gone. Seems to have been faulty injectors dribbling diesel into the oil and resulting in a knackered crank. He got away with the pistons luckily for him. Overfueling would result in possible piston damage which is what id guess has happened to yours.

I also had to change and replace my engine short block assembly . used same head and accessories. Right now giving it a static running of 2 to 3 hrs after which i will take it for a test drive

Back