Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine removal 80 12v auto

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Is there a thread for do's and donts on the forum.. Cant seem to find anything specific, Just looking for a few tips so i dont end up wrecking something. And try and make things easy for myself. Il be doing it alone... Its gonna be fun :thumbup:

Re build Frank... And respray engine bay etc etc...

Why a rebuild H? It has problems?

Yes Rich .. I knew of the problems when i bought it.. Wants a re-ring, Breathing heavy, Get the BEB's Done, And then all the other stuff as well. Water pump/cam belt etc etc ....

The way things are going it looks like there are going to be two New Cruisers on the road soon between Mr Higgy and Mr Flint and family must say tis bloody good read and pictures and looking forwards to the final instalments of both builds

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You could probably do most of what is required without taking the engine out. All you cannot do is regrind the crank shaft and rebore the block with block in situ but you can check the crank size, fit new shells, glaze bust the bores to fit new pistons without having to take the engine out if things are not too bad.

You could probably do most of what is required without taking the engine out. All you cannot do is regrind the crank shaft and rebore the block with block in situ but you can check the crank size, fit new shells, glaze bust the bores to fit new pistons without having to take the engine out if things are not too bad.
I’m guessing, reading between the lines here Frank, these things are a handful when out of the truck, n’est ce pas?

Higgy, have you considered the replacement pistons with the steel lands, as used in the Wynn’s EGR cleaner rebuild? They are (or at least similar are) the only internal mod that Yanmar do to get 300+ horses? :think:

20190323_161336.jpg
They are a heavy bulky unit. I suppose how you tackle it will come down to what kit your going to use.
Engine hoist, block and tackle, crane, shire horse and rope... Etc.
20190209_173054.jpg

My plan is to take engine out put it in the back of the Van on a pallet....Wizz it off to Trevor and just let an Expert sort it... And keep it standard Rich... Then i can sort the engine Bay and all the other stuff in the mean time..... There is a lot to do. The light at the end of the Tunnel seems a long way off...(Oh! Fork lift Mike)....SO is there anything to watch out for... Undo all the Bolts and Yank it out... YES!

My plan is to take engine out put it in the back of the Van on a pallet....Wizz it off to Trevor and just let an Expert sort it... And keep it standard Rich... Then i can sort the engine Bay and all the other stuff in the mean time..... There is a lot to do. The light at the end of the Tunnel seems a long way off...(Oh! Fork lift Mike)....SO is there anything to watch out for... Undo all the Bolts and Yank it out... YES!

Shall you be taking it out with a forklift and beam Higgy? Gently gently is the way then.

Wise words Andy! Il google a You Tube Vid There's Bound to be some Mad Aussie With a Down to earth Explanation... and Do's and Dont's Tips..:thumbup:

Yep sorry Mr Finiterex and family funny how reading glasses make the difference

Back