Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine swap

Ross80series

Country Flag
australia
Hi everyone,
I’m looking to put a 1991 1hd-t engine into a 1994 petrol blue marlin cab and I am wondering about the abs and whether or not it is possible to swap in.

do you mean the petrol doesnt have the ABS?

The petrol has abs but the diesel I’m putting into it doesn’t, so I was wondering if there were any complications with the abs and whether the swap is possible

The petrol has abs but the diesel I’m putting into it doesn’t, so I was wondering if there were any complications with the abs and whether the swap is possible
The only problem you might have is with the vacuum for the brake servo ....nothing else brake related is attached to the engine so the ABS system on the vehicle should remain unaffected.....
The 1 HDT has an engine driven vacuum pump, I don't know where the Petrol engine supply's brake servo vacuum from.... I suspect the rest of the brake system parts are common between both fuel types as Toyota use as few unique parts as possible .

i would also like to know if the wiring looms between the 1994 petrol and the 1991 diesel are interchangeable

Back