Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Errr, maybe I should’ve taken notice...

mettisse

Supporter
Going through some photos and came across this, it was when I was with my old Duchess on a little excursion put on by the GRM ( Grand Randonuers Motorises) in the French Alps last May 2018, took the Yellow peril ( jeep/ Landy hybrid) as I don’t like to get the Bruiser too scratched ( if it ain’t already) and one of the river crossings was avoided in the road book and we found out why, with the snow melt the levels were high and a month earlier locals were out froading and they were warned, but a local chap who knew better carried on, view the pic enclosed, nice looking truck had been in the river a month! And I really don’t know why the owner hadn’t arranged a tow out, these trucks are almost twice the price in France compared to the UK,
Best regards to all, Bill Westley
3E6791C3-6380-4410-BD95-C5CFA0E08575.jpeg

Oh well I suppose at least it’s clean water and it’ll give it a good wash and scour.

Shame. Hope he’s not still in it! :shock:

For one horrible moment there I thought it was going to be you!

Oh well I suppose at least it’s clean water and it’ll give it a good wash and scour.

Shame. Hope he’s not still in it! :shock:

For one horrible moment there I thought it was going to be you!

Thank you for your concern, however I have been through deep water in my Yellow Peril in the Lousa Trial in Portugal, up to the bottom of the windscreen, but, I don’t want to do it again!! And I would certainly try to avoid situations like this, it’s not worth the risk especially if you want to drive the truck back to blighty....

Back