Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Euro 6 compliant?

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
First thing to say is that I am technically inept. I live in the city of Aberdeen where a Low Emission Zone is being introduced next year. Not being a fan of taking the bus is there any way that my 2001 1HD-FTE Cruiser can be made to satisfy Euro 6 requirements? If it can't be done then at least I am old enough to have a bus pass.

Will this affect the city's oil barons in their trademark Range Rovers?

I used to love driving up to Aberdeen for work, park up for the night at the beachfront and wake up next to the North Sea. It was always 100% safe and I have no memories of congestion and pollution being a problem.

It's obviously a move by Aberdeen Council along with Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee to cut emissions in city centres. LEZs are being introduced in these four cities next year. Believe it or not Europe's most polluted street is in Aberdeen City Centre.

Not sure specifically for the 1HD-FTE but I know there are retrofit kits to make older diesels EU5/6 compliant. That maybe an option for you to investigate.

Do you live within the proposed LEZ? If so, there maybe some exemptions or flat rates for residents that might apply. Again worth getting in contact with the council to check the exact situation.

If you live outside the LEZ and need to regularly travel/commute into the city, then I personally would look at a cheap small (petrol) hatchback, such as a Aygo/UP etc. as a second car, rather than trying to make your 100 series EU6 compliant.

Good luck :thumbup:

The straight answer is yes, older diesels can be made E6 compliant subject to there bing space on the car for the extra gubbins but it's very expensive. For a large commecial vehicle it probably makes more economic sense .

Back