Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EvilEd

EvilEd

Your name: Eddy
Your Cruiser: 98 3.4 Petrol Colorado VX
Mods on your Cruiser: none.... yet
Plans for your Cruiser: 33s or 35's, still investigating, winch, recovery bumpers, rock slider
4x4 Experience: 3.5 Shoggy, 2.8D Pajero, 4l Wrangler (heavily modded) and about 10 years
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant:
Just sold my 98 wrangler that I had owned for 8 years for something a little larger and less capable (for now). Wrangler was running 33's with 3.5" lift, 1" body and motor lift, front and rear lockers, regeared, winch, snorkel etc etc.

"Ugly" (as named from the numberplate) will probably go to 33's, 265/75R16 or 285/70R16s (i think they were the sizes), aiming to stay at 10.5 wide if I can as 12.5s tend to spread the weight too much in the mud, but am still thinking.

So, once I have decided on the tyre size, it'll probably be a ironman 2" lift with C springs (planning very heavy bumpers)
possibly a 1.5" milners body lift
then the tyres
then custom made front winch bumper (6mm with 8mm braces for the winch mount and 3mm protection out to the wings, still considering the "a" bar and light protectors) and rear bumper with recovery eyes followed by tree/rock sliders/steps. Had a chat with the chap today about making these and he was trying to get me to talk to someone about a roll cage too (would have to be external) but that would be a much later date.

Any advice welcome...

Other niggles...
Drivers heated seat not working (switch lights up, but not investigated further as yet)
I would like to add a central locking switch (no button on the window switch panel) to lock the car from inside. advice on where the control module is and a wiring diagram would be useful, have just ordered the Max Ellery manual on "Ecky's" advice but won't arrive until after the weekend.

Newest mod is a great dane puppy as we now have a boot big enough for one... and yes, I have already brought her a ramp to get in and out :)

Also after some decent "fitted" mats / liners for the footwells. In the jeep I had "husky liners" that had a lip right round that held any water / mud in them to be lifted out at the end of the day. is there something similar for the 90 ?

Also, are there any "after market" centre consoles ? yes, the lid is broken and it's really poorly designed - The shoggy and Pajero were soo much better for storage.

not had a good search around the site yet, so some of these may be answered elsewhere. links to answers gratefully received :)

EE

:shock: Oops, it was J66P that invited me over and pointed me at the Max Ellery book! Sorry Ecky for taking your name in vein, was reading some of your stuff last night and the mind must have played up :doh: it's an age thing I guess...

Thanks for the welcomes...

Hi Ed,
Welcome to the madhouse, :lol: BTW your 'view me on a map' needs some adjustment, it says you're just outside Seattle :confusion-confused:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh to be near seattle :) fixed that now, thanks, put the nearest city in.

EvilEd said:
Oh to be near seattle :) fixed that now, thanks, put the nearest city in.
That's better, :thumbup: I've got a mate near you in Faversham, he doesn't have a Cruiser though, he can't even drive :o

Back