Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Expedition Landcruiser Stunning

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252658769100

Looks smart & only the Germans build these so well.

Pricy but that's what you pay for when it's custom designed perfectly.

IMG_4149.jpg

Christmas is coming up...... yes please :)

It's a nice conversion, would have been so much better with an allucab on top instead of just a roof extension.

Yep.... If I had the money.

That's the type of thing I was talking about declan

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can you get an alu-cab for an 80? Thanks

Mate, how many do you want and what colours?

Anything for you; you know that.

I don't mind how many I have.

The colour above isn't for me but would look nice in the same grey as your truck.

I don't expect you to paint it though. I can sort that bit :)

Hmm, yes I did wonder about it coming in 'Mushroom Compost' colour.

BTW my truck isn't grey. It's called Silver Dawn Sunrise Sea Mist Spray Grey.

This is now listed with a £7.5K reduction in price

It's a nice conversion, would have been so much better with an allucab on top instead of just a roof extension.

Well...
Sadly will disagree on that by lightyears
1; AluCab don`t do anything for the J8 as such. So much for comparing Apples & Lobsters...
2; This is a rear end conversion. You gain about 30cm Aft & "roundabout" 30cm more bed width & length. Abit depending on who built it & spec.

I converted a J10 which is basically the same as the J8 in this context. I am by far no "big man" so me & the SWMBO as most comfotable with the current size.
I recently converted a Defender with a AluCab Icarus. YES, there is significantly more space up there in an Icarus.
I have spent some time in a rear end extended J10 (similar to above J8). The bedplan is again bigger, more "airy" & if You need space to be comfortable, then the choice is done for.
We have spent time in a rear end converted Hzj79, the thing is HUGE inside in comparison.
I have also used the AluCab Ossawa Camper on a Hzj79. Can`t compare the units in terms of space...
Had I had the money I would have opted for a rear end conversion on the J10, sadly I can`t free the cash for now. So the body remains "stock" :)
One day I hope to have a J7 rear end converted to my likings, preferably with a side entrance :) :)

Anyone have any idea who has done the conversion on this one, obviously it's German but he doesn't say which company.

its an interesting concept, and I quite like the idea of inside space. However, when i go on trips the back always seems to be loaded with clothing, food, recovery equipment, tools, spare fluids, spare diesel, water and other expdedition stuff. Not sure I'd have the space for the kitchen sink- and thats with the roof tent. Maybe I carry too much cwap.

Interesting - there was a nice 200 at Bad Kissingen this year. Which was hellish expensive. Not for me though - too single-purposed

Back