Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Extended brake hoses

greengrass

Country Flag
england
Hi all,
Just looking for a bit of advice.

Since fitting my pedders lift kit I'm a little concerned about my brake flexi-hoses.

The fronts don't look too bad, but when you jack the rear of the vehicle off the ground the flexi-hose is very tight to the point that it looks like its holding the axle up.

Wondered if anyone had fitted extended hoses, if so where did you get them from and how much longer than standard are they??

No need mate. The Pedders kit won't give you as much lift as what I have and still have standard hoses. IIRC the easiest and cheapest way to extend the one you're looking at is to simply but another standard one and join the 2 together. Simples. £5 plus vat and del from milners

Thanks Chris,
the hose only looks under stress when the vehicle is up in the air with the back axle hanging.

When I fitted the kit the back end went up 100mm from where it was previously it didn't look saggy on the back end but it must have been as it was a 50mm lift kit.

If you have lifted the vehicle, I would go buy the braded hose kit for the LN107 Hilux (try Roughtrax for a good price) the hose ends clips etc are identical, but the length is approx 1" longer on each, means no stretching when you jack the truck up etc....!

Back