Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Extra plug on 02 sensor 1/bank 1- normal?

Gixxerscott

New to the forum so let me start by saying hello. I didn't find the answer to my question when I searched so hopefully this hasn't already been answered. I was in the process of replacing the pre cat o2 sensors in my 2000 LC after getting some codes indicating they were faulty. When I was unplugging the driver side sensor, I noticed there was an extra plug on the same harness that connects to the o2 sensor. It is a 2 pin plug and I don't see where it can connect. Does anyone know of this plug should be connected to something?

I can post a pic if it helps, posting from my phone and not seeing an obvious way to do so at this time.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
Hi Scott and welcome to the forum. You will probably need to get to 15 posts before the forum allows posting of pictures and fully opens up all its features.

These cruisers have different features in different parts of the world and with different models. If you can give a few more details on your profile that will help as we have people from all round the world on here. Also to get your post count up you could pop I've to the 'introduce yourself' section and tell us a bit about you and your truck.

Personally I've no idea what if anything the plug is for on your truck but there are often plugs and wires in the looms that aren't used. Someone may be along who knows more.

Best wishes

Richard

Richard,
Thanks for the reply. Not to sound rude, but there are easier ways to get my answer than to post 15 times. It is a 50 state vehicle Murcia baby. Haha. But seriously, I will probably just find a parts diagram and figure it out. I'll circle back with an answer, to help the next guy. between tundra solutions, the corvette forum and gixxer.com I wasted thousand of hours actively participating. At this point I will remain a lurker.

Regards,
Scott

Back