Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Extra switches

Birder

On my 75 i would like to add a few electric items, fog and spot lamps, working lamp, anti-Land Rover mines Etc and hope you can help me find switches

005-mod.jpg

I would like to find 4 switches to fit in the area marked red on this picture, as on mine all these are empty

Has anyone purchased any of ebay or other sources? (I would like them to look origional, well sort of if possible)

Attachments

• 005-mod.jpg
    005-mod.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 108
Hi, i think i will have all four. Ill make sure tomoz. thanks karl

scrap yard may be a good bet, i think the rectangle size you're looking at is common across a large number of toyotas. just find one with the appropriate switches you're looking for.

There are lots of aftermarket rocker switches that fit in the blanks. I have one that lights up in orange for my rear fog. I would imagine you can find them on ebay :?:

There are loads on ebay but they just dont seem to list sizes, i will order a few and see

Thanks Jim

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Still looking, the apeture hole is 19mm x 38mm on my 75 but i cant find any on ebay that will fit.

Also my scrapyard has no Toyota's so i am rather stuck

I have PM'ed Karl

maplins sell various different sizes and shapes of switches. :)

but none 19 x 38, i have checked

I think i may have to use smaller ones on the blanking plugs

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=toyo ... m270.l1313

just input the search terms 'toyota' 'switch' 'switch type of your choice'

most of the rectangular ones there are the size you are looking for. it was common across most toyotas in the 90's.

If you're still unsure, there must be a scrap yard near you with toyotas, its not as if they're an uncommon manufacturer.

Hi Callum

I had obviously already tried a search on ebay and the web. Most of those listed are MR2 switches, and i have already emailed one of the sellers and they came back with a size that was too small.

There are not many Toyota's in my local scrap yard and none have a switch the size of the ones on my 75.

The nearest is a window switch but its not a lot of good on a spot light

I am going to a scrap yard later in the week who says he has several Toyotas so i will keep my fingers crossed, if i cant get some from there i will buy smaller ones and cut them into the blanking plugs or make a plate to cover all the holes.

Sorry been a while with the photo been pulled out. I beleive these are what you were looking for?? :dance: Had to move 70series today and remembered to take a pic.
karl
IMG_0206.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 92
Hi Karl

They are just what i want, I have sent you a PM

Regards

PM arrived and i have paid you by Paypal Karl

Many thanks

Just been up again and closed due to the weather. THey will be sent tomoz as long as we dont have a load more tonight as main road is clear at the min. Thanks

No problem, they will arrive when they arrive

If it gets a lot worse, sort of 3 foot deep i will come and fetch them :dance:

Thanks mate

Hi Karl

Switches arrived, just what i wanted, thanks

:thumbup:

Back