Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Facebook, Twitter and Good 'ol US of A??

For me this is an update to the "are you, or have you ever been a member of a terrorist organisation" question.
I've often wondered just how many people have actually said yes to that question…, well, apart from the odd numpty joker who emerges white as a sheet with eyes wide and staring 7 hours later with a very odd walk. :)

It's my opinion that this information will inevitably be available to global authorities, whether you like it or not. The ultimate in the Big Brother concept, and there'll be nothing we can do about it.

The danger is obviously misinterpretation, those with something (real) to hide, should be investigated. However, those of us that don't, may be perceived otherwise, which will invoke all kinds of malpractice and unwarranted invasion of your privacy.

Privacy will become something of the past, and you'll have no right to it under standard or emergency measures. It has to be the way it's going.

TBH honest they only need to google your name and they'll find out a lot.

I haven't been to the States in 15 years but used to be a regular traveller and worked out there. Can't help wonder what reception I would get now with the only stamps in my passport being Islamic countries.

TBH honest they only need to google your name and they'll find out a lot.

I haven't been to the States in 15 years but used to be a regular traveller and worked out there. Can't help wonder what reception I would get now with the only stamps in my passport being Islamic countries.

Last time I went to the US through JFK airport, I had Syrian and Lebanese stamps in my passport. The short-haired gentleman welcoming us at passport control asked me if I knew "what these people are doing to us?". I declined the opportunity to discuss the matter and was let through.

The young man infront of me was from Nepal. He was transiting to Minnesota to go to University. He was given a harder time than me, including being asked "Do you know it snows there? Have you ever seen snow?".

I think New York immigration, and taxi drivers are there to offset the helpful people everywhere else.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lol asking someone from Nepal if they know what snow is, sounds like a yank :)

I've only ever flown in and out of JFK, love New York buts it has some interesting people.

On my first stay in the city I was offered an AK47 on a street corner, bit of an eye opener at 18!

I've often wondered just how many people have actually said yes to that question…, well, apart from the odd numpty joker who emerges white as a sheet with eyes wide and staring 7 hours later with a very odd walk. :)

The questions they ask prior to issuing you with clearance for US military bases overseas are hilarious.

Have you ever taken drugs ?
One of the guys responded " Of course I have, I'm from Glasgow"
Needless to say he didn't get approval

Lol asking someone from Nepal if they know what snow is, sounds like a yank :)

I've only ever flown in and out of JFK, love New York buts it has some interesting people.

On my first stay in the city I was offered an AK47 on a street corner, bit of an eye opener at 18!
Did it come with instructions like 'use this to make a cash withdrawal at the bank across the street'? :lol:

Haha,

I read that argument used to explain why so many voted out of Europe, the author was arguing that the question 'should the uk stay in the EU' was too difficult so most people voted to answer 'are you happy with the modern world' or some such

Back