Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Factory air springs?

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
I've been looking at 120s and I'm led to believe that some came out of the factory with air springs? Is this correct? If so, which model and which markets? Was it an option?

TIA

basically, it went from lc2 -> lc3 -> lc4 -> lc5 progressively better interior and trim and suspension(!).

the airbag you mention is likely the LC4/LC5 with the height adjustable suspension ( TENS shocks and airbag ) - if you want to avoid it, then LC3 is the trim level you want ( the lc2's were very very basic, skip by default ). It was not optional.

the invincible model that was introduced late in the life of the 120 broke the linear progression, when they were introduced were considered a better trim level than the LC4, bigger wheels and chip - later moved to be better than the LC5, without chip.

all the 120's have the same engine ( for the year... ) and the same gearbox ( again, for the same year )

you might want to read through : https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/differences-between-lc3-lc4-lc5.131687/

Last edited:
HI all Lc5 and second generation invincible which replaced Lc5 in 2007 have air spring rear suspension, first gen invincible is Lc4 with tuning chip box and all have standard coil springs.

HI all Lc5 and second generation invincible which replaced Lc5 in 2007 have air spring rear suspension, first gen invincible is Lc4 with tuning chip box and all have standard coil springs.

right you are - edited my post to move invincible right way around :)

Back