Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Factory battery specifications

hamba

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi,
Can someone who still have the original battery please let me know what the cca and ah are, I've had to change my battery rather quickly over the weekend as it was getting very hot and at least one sell has over flowed.
I called the AA and they replaced it with a battery that is a lower spec then what was in and they say that they are using the correct one, it's a yuasa ybx3030. When I use my reg on the site they only seem to support twin batteries so I'm looking for info to proof to them or myself which battery the correct one is.

Cheers
Hamba

From what I can tell your new battery is 570cca which to me isn't good enough for a diesel. I just removed a 720cca which I assumed was the factory battery and put in a 750cca. Its difficult to find much info.

Thanks for looking, this morning I noticed that it didn't feel right when starting, it was cranking for longer then what it used too and it was only 2c outside. It almost felt like when you keep the key going and the car doesn't want to start.
I've been in touch with Toyota and they provided me with the part numbers for the battery.
OE 28800-67102 and Opti-fit 28800-YZZJG
The guy could only provide me with the Ah which is 75Ah and also provided me with a battery code which is 85D26L.
He said he will try and track down the CCA of the battery.

I've done a quick google search on the part numbers and found a photo of the 28800-YZZJG one and it has a EN 680A and a BCI 640A.
It seems almost impossible to track this one down so that I can get The AA to provide me with a battery to fit the car.

Success, I got The AA to send out another guy who cam and had a look at the battery, he done a few checks and tests and recons the new one had a fault. He then took it to get tested but before he left I gave him the part numbers that Toyota gave me and he returned with a 700A battery.
He also told me that he got in touch with Toyota who told him that the minimum CCA should be 640A and not 570A as stated on the yuasa website.
I'm glad I did my own bit of research and had a guy that came by that pulled out the stops and got the correct battery fitted rather then just saying he couldn't do anything because the site says it was the correct battery and I'll just have to live with it.

Its always nice to get someone that tries and resolve the problems rather then just accept that what is shown somewhere to be correct.

Back