Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Favorite Bourbon

Perhaps there is a Landcruiser bourbon. Looking forward to something Landcruiser related from you. Given that this is primarily a Landcruiser forum.

Jack Daniels always for me. JD and Land Cruiser are together for me. did many crazy things after JD. One among them is the 200 series. If not JD that day, I would ve passed few more years thinking of buying...

Jack Daniels is Tennessee whiskey. A Little Smokey for my taste. Blantons, Eagle Rare my favorites.

Jack Daniels is the only widely available Bourbon in the UK i can think of , supermarkets and off licences have a few options which randomly might make it into one pub or another but you can get a JD in every bar .
Trouble with Jack's is its too easy to drink , hence many years ago my elder sister convinced me to dilute it with coke which still feels like sacrilege but when your inclined to drink it at the same rate you drink beer something has to give .

I am rather partial to these, can't taste the difference between them and the M&S or MC Vities.

Attachments

• 613uajJrNXL._SX425_.jpg
    613uajJrNXL._SX425_.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 16
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bulleit Bourbon (which I think is a Kentucky whiskey) is starting to get promoted here (UK) - seen it in quite a few supermarkets recently.

No idea what it tastes like, as I haven't tried it....yet.

Bulleit bourbon is pretty good. Get a bottle and I think you will not be disappointed.

What's the difference between Bourbon and Whiskey? I do enjoy some of the Japanese whiskeys out there, not cheap though

Theoretically both are "whiskeys" - just don't tell the Scots!! :icon-wink:

Scotch us usually made from various or single malted grains, whereas Bourbon is mostly corn.

There's probably differences in the distillation process and how the product is aged but I only drink the stuff and don't make it! :thumbup:

For manufacturers to classify a whiskey as bourbon, it needs to be distilled from 51% corn.

It also has to be processed in the United States. Furthermore, bourbon has to be aged in a new charred oak barrel and cannot have any additives.

Whiskey is a type of distilled alcohol made from fermented grain. True whiskey has no added flavors and is aged in a wooden barrel.

None , bourbon e.g. jack daniels tasted foul when I tried it . I will stick to decent Scottish Single malts

For me the difference whiskey is firewater and bourbon makes me smile , took me a few years to learn that hard won lesson , and now they are tying to tell me your not supposed to drink a full bottle of either when your already drunk :confusion-shrug:

Back