Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Febest bush quality

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
I bought 4 new Febest bushes for my lower control arms and fitted about 5000 miles ago. The old arms had been worn by the nasty Milner orange poly bushes that were in but I pressed in the Febest bushes with a good slurp of Loctite bearing seal and they seem to hold tight. A few weeks ago the bracket holding the panhard rod to the axle snapped and I rocked and rolled home, then drove to local fabricator to get it welded up - I reckon no more than 20 miles total.

Having a general look and poke underneath yesterday and noticed one lower control arm is easily twisted by hand. Looks like the metal sleeve in the middle of one of the bushes has pulled away from the rubber. There doesn't seem to be any movement between bush and arm which I was worried about because of the previous wear. Could the lack of panhard rod put enough strain on things to do this?

Febest bushes look the most like OEM I can find, Toyota don't sell them separately for the 120. They're £15 each, although about £4 each from Amayama! Trying to decide whether or not to risk another set, or buy new arms from Amayama with OEM bushes at about £250 a pair.

I hate poly bushes before anyone suggest that.

Your thoughts?

Ta

I seem to recall though i can't be sure , it was the bolt holes on your truck that got worn out of shape ?

Maybe it's just a left over quirk of what's gone before ?

In my mind there is no danger of it letting go so i would leave it and take another look next month .

I've my truck 5 years and if memory serves i think my panhard and rear control were replaced with Febest maybe 4 years ago and and they all still look good .

You could give Pedders a shout to see if they have the bushes for the 120. Cheaper than Toyota and still a quality rubber bush.

Hi all,
I know a little late, but we all know OEM bushes are expensive, but fortunatly there are several companies that sell the complete arm at affordable prices, so why not buy these if you especially want the rubber OEM bushes ?
Advantage is that you only have to swap the rod, and not th bushings.

Back