Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Field monitor thermometer location

crataegus

Supporter
Country Flag
iceland
Hi all, I have a 1996 KZJ95 with the field monitor on the dash with thermometer, inclinometer, etc. My question is - where is the sensor for the thermometer located? It's showing what should be outside temperatures but it's usually out by a few degrees. Has anyone else noticed any issues with this? From my searching for an answer I know I should count myself lucky that the field monitor functions at all or that I can actually read what it's saying!

I belive that it is located at the front of the vehicle, on the right hand side (facing the engine bay) just behind the grill. Looks like a black plastic (on mine anyway) device with a short round tube on it.

Thanks for the quick reply @Bert. I've just had a look but couldn't find it. It's still dark though so I'll have a more thorough check later. Here's some photos though, this is the sort of area you meant?

Offside
20201218_102942-01.jpeg

Nearside
20201218_102958-01.jpeg

Hi Will. You can just see the bottom of mine in the red ring.

1608292342488.png

Thank you so much for the photos @Bert. I've checked again and there is nothing in that location on mine. Thanks anyway though, I'll keep searching!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's actually behind the nearside headlight. Or should be.

Hi Chris thanks for that will have a look hope all is well .

Back