Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

File recovery software

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I need some!!

I decided to do a clean reinstall of windows!! As you do. Anyway I have the hard drive in 2 partions and copied (well throught I did). The story is I did not. So now I have a clean install and need to recover the files befoe I use it too much.

BTW it is Vista :shock:

So if there any free software out there, or not free stuff as I can find it ;) I am not home till friday so I will not get a chance to work on it till the weekend.

Paul

Your chances of recovering anything in tact are very slim Paul if you installed over the partition you want to recover from.
Did you format the partition during the install? If a full format, not a chance of recovering. If it was a quick format, you have some slim hope. What files would have been recoverable would probably be overwritten by the install :(

In any case, I have some free software that has bailed me out a couple of times. PM your email address and I'll email it to you.

Stop using the machine, windows will keep writing to it. If you can, remove the drive and put it in a spare machine. Even installing the software I will email you will cause you to loose more :(

CP

email address on it way.

I have recovered files from a hdd before with some software I have (don't have the name to hand). The hdd had been formated 3 times, very good software and very pricey, but the do not make a version that works with vista.

I am not using that laptop at all till I try to recover the files, this is another. I also have one for the gran kids to "use" and my main PC.

Thanks for the software.

Paul

I have managed to recover 99% of my lost files after a full format and an install of windows. It was a few years ago now so i cant remember what software i used unfortunately but i know its possible to recover files unless the sector has been written over several times

I used a program called Active Uneraser http://www.uneraser.com/ and recovered nearly 160gb off an external hard drive that I unfortunately deleted a partition on and reformatted. Didn't lose a single file however it did take nearly 2 weeks of running the application constantly to do the job.

Thanks gents, it is just he pictures I want. Some of the docs can be rewritten!

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul_Humphreys said:
Thanks gents, it is just he pictures I want. Some of the docs can be rewritten!

Paul
You might want to refrase that :lol:

Back