Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally joined the Cruiser family

Steve Armitstead

Country Flag
australia
Hi all,

Well I have finally joined the Land Cruiser family following a long string of rival 4wd's.

Unlike a lot of people who bag out other brands, I admire those who like to be left field in the choice of truck.

I have had 2 Patrols, 2 Wranglers, 4 Defenders and 1 Rodeo. They all have had their fair share of likes and dislikes.
I have just placed an order for a new 79 Series GXL Double Cab. 12 Week wait but!

Look forward to seeing what its like.

Oooh nice. We're not at all jealous of that! Welcome along. Looking forward to pictures.

Wait till Ben sees this :lol:
Welcome aboard Steve :thumbup:

Well, I'm still waiting. I was told this week Australia is only getting 55 units a month at the moment. The bulk of orders going to the Middle East. Hoping to have my truck by October.
This hasn't stopped my preparation. My accessory purchases currently in the garage consists of the following.
Canvas seat covers, Dana 60 replacement rear diff, flashlube fuel filter and catchcan.
On the list is 3.5 inch exhaust system, ARB bar, Runva winch, OME suspension, Air bags, Safari snorkel, centre and over head console.

Can anyone advise on the space for a second battery under the bonnet?

Welcome aboard Steve. A very enviable position you're in there, planning mods and buying accessories for your new 79! I can see the wait being a real PITA though! The 79 series are not common over here but quite popular in that many LC lovers would like one! Sorry can't advise on the battery question.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back