Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally joined!!

Westlander47roopy

Hi all I’ve Finally took the big leap & joined !! We’ve owned an all original HJ47 Troop carrier for 9yrs, We use our Troopy for general use & very little off track, school run, Work, Trips with our sons scout group, Motorbike riding & camping!! Only a little Mud fun in wet season as I have to find my confidence in this vehicle off road.

Hi welcome. I too had similar thought about my car as unlike other cars, I didn’t have big rubber, it’s stock 200 with 20 inch rims n mild off road tyres. Senior members here were very helpful n showed me what a LC can do. I got a little confidence n took mine for a small mud drive n it felt at home. These cars are really good at it.

Nearly twenty years ago when I had just bought my BJ40 and knew nothing about offroad driving I went on a one day Lantra Off Road Driving course. It will teach you the basics and there is always more to learn but it gives the initial confidence. It will give you a good grounding and done initially you won't have to unlearn any bad habits.

Photos of your HJ47 Troopy would be great. We love photos.

Regards,

Rodger

Good evening, Thanks Rodger for your advice, I’ll book in for a lesson or two for sure,
I’m a truck driver so used to driving 10-20t of weight so driving 3t I always panic & think I’m going to get bogged. I’m located In Australia (Central Queensland) so plenty of dry tracks at the moment & can’t wait for the wet season again.

I was living in England when I did that course but now I live in southern Spain and we have a couple of deserts nearby - Tabernas and Gorafe - and they have some sandy areas. I did get stuck once but 2nd Low range on tick over [feet off the pedals] and out she came. 40s give so much confidence in tricky situations.

Rodger

Back