Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally let me down

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Well after 10.5 years the 120 let me down last Wednesday :cry: Got in to go to work and no start... half a turn and then nothing....

Batteries dead, I mean common after 10.5 years they finally decided to give up, I don't know quality aint what it used to be :fearscream:

Simon sorted me out with 2 new batteries (cheaper that everywhere else) picked them up on Saturday and the the starter now spins like a good un.

Can't complain I suppose :dance::dance::dance:

Pesky electrics on these new-fangled vehicles :)

Not bad for 10.5 years!

When I first read the title, I thought something really serious had happened - like the centre console lid had snapped off or one of your cup holders had stopped working....

Glad to hear it's only your batteries but still, that's just ridiculous; only 10.5 years out of the original batteries - what has happened to Toyota quality ?!?!

Lets hope the 2 you have picked up from Simon give you better service! ;)

I recon that deserves a round of applause... :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
LOL, I know I gave them a call and they suggested that I upgrade to a 150, I said no rubbish they are, way to many electronics in those, won't be reliable at all.

The quality isn't what it used to be...one of my cupholders broke not long after I bought it. It's just not on.

Anyone have a pic of the original batteries? I have a feeling mine may be originals, as they have removable caps for adding water which I haven't seen in years. If they are they're 12 years old :sunglasses:

The quality isn't what it used to be...one of my cupholders broke not long after I bought it. It's just not on.

Anyone have a pic of the original batteries? I have a feeling mine may be originals, as they have removable caps for adding water which I haven't seen in years. If they are they're 12 years old :sunglasses:

The batteries should have a datestamp on there. I had to change the oe batteries on my 120 last year, after 10.5 yrs as well. The datestamp on them was from 2 months before the truck was delivered to the orig owner by Toyota.

Ah. Mine have no date stamps that I can find, I think they may have been replaced with genuine ones, made by nippon denso.

When I first read the title, I thought something really serious had happened - like the centre console lid had snapped off or one of your cup holders had stopped working....

Glad to hear it's only your batteries but still, that's just ridiculous; only 10.5 years out of the original batteries - what has happened to Toyota quality ?!?!

Lets hope the 2 you have picked up from Simon give you better service! ;)
Is "Simon" someone I should know about once I become an LC owner,thanks

Our Mitsi Space star still has the original battery as strong as ever and it's an 05 plate with August Reg. 12 years and counting. :)

Back