Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

first fill 50/50 WVO/diesel

glasssurfer

just put 20 L of wvo mixed with diesel into my rust bucket 86 cruiser. looking forwardto seeing how it goes and cutting my fuel costs in half is a pretty good start. warm climate here int he summertime winter is gonna be a different story. got the cruiser for 600|$ canadian and already put almost 2000kms on it. its got 355k on it.

im sold already, sound slike im gonna have to change the fuel filter sooon, anyone know a good online source?

need a new belt too.

thanks for now.

I know of folk doing the same here! Our winters are kind of mild, so 50/50 would be okay all year round.

I've used biodiesel on my 100 series for a number of years and after I sorted the quality out, I've had no issues. In the winter I winterise with an additive called Coldflow 350, not sure if that would have the same effect on WVO??

One important thing is the filtration of your oil prior to use. If you can get it clean down to sub-micron levels, it will save you trouble. Be ware of water filter carts as they are about 60% efficient at their given micron rating on a single pass.

i ran the wvo through a funnel filter. designed to take out water apperently, cleaned it aftr every 4 L passed through.

coffe filter seemed to be too slow

2 days of driving, alls well so far. pumped!!

glasssurfer said:
i ran the wvo through a funnel filter. designed to take out water apperently, cleaned it aftr every 4 L passed through.

coffe filter seemed to be too slow

2 days of driving, alls well so far. pumped!!

I'd as a minimum heat your oil and pump through an polishing / drying pot. These are widely seen as the minimum final filtration by biodiesel producers.

Back