Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First generation mobile phone.

frank rabbets

Guru
I am still using my ga 628 which I bought in the 80's. I assume it was the first generation and I don't have another phone. I'm wondering how long the service will continue.

Thanks

I am still using my ga 628 which I bought in the 80's. I assume it was the first generation and I don't have another phone. I'm wondering how long the service will continue.

Thanks

I just googled that … I had one of those too.

Thanks
Hi Frank
How are you doing this as the 1st generation was Analogue and the later is Digital and as far as I know the old system was with drawn years ago.
But more to the point all the things You are missing ! Text messaging,E-mails, Taking and sending pictures, Apps, Sat Nav and of course making calls

This look to be 1g gsm so you should be OK for a few more years yet.

It's a digital phone Steve but with 4g etc etc coming out I just wonder how long it will work for. Steve my head is full already so there's no empty space for what I am missing. I see groups of people and all they do is stare at their screens and somehow they look addicted and controlled. I only have my phone for when I have an emergency which has never happened. Trouble is it's PAYG and O2 keep cutting me off for not using it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was using an 80s Motorola until last year, just kept in the car in case of trouble, no reception at home. I got a new phone when I couldn't get reception after being stuck in a jam for a few hours to warn folks I was going to be late. I could see other people chatting away, but no go with mine.

It's a digital phone Steve but with 4g etc etc coming out I just wonder how long it will work for. Steve my head is full already so there's no empty space for what I am missing. I see groups of people and all they do is stare at their screens and somehow they look addicted and controlled. I only have my phone for when I have an emergency which has never happened. Trouble is it's PAYG and O2 keep cutting me off for not using it.
I assume that is a Typo as 4G is all ready out and think you mean 5G !

Back