Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First MOT fail :(

fast but dim

My 120 had never failed an mot.... until today:cry:

It's just hit 120k, and it's 11 years old, so it had to fail sometime....

The centre box of the exhaust had failed ( You couldn't tell ), but 11 years for an exhaust isn't bad,

and the airbag warning light which has been on for the 5 years I've owned it is now a fail. What I thought was a faulty sensor was a damged wire under the seat, easy fix:crazy:

As usual, excellent service from West Coast Offroad.

I'll second the 'West Coast Off Road' approval, always great service....

Not too terrible then.

Still, I've taken it in four times and it's passed:icon-biggrin:

It's still on all the original bulbs (apart from the hids I fitted), and has only had advisories for the airbag light and worn rear pads in the past.

In all seriousness, although I'd have liked it to pass, 11 years of passed MOT's isn't too bad for a car that's used every day for commuting 20 mi each way, and to tow a 1600kg caravan.

West coast have advised me to get it waxoiled asap, as I intend on running it into the ground and it's showing signs of corrosion.

12 mo on.....Another pass, no advisories:dance:

My only spend this year was on new rear discs and pads, which have been dubious for the last couple mot's. It needs a waxoyl, but thtas a job for spring.

I still love driving it. I can live with the mpg, especially over the last few days with high winds and flooded roads. There's something to said about driving a 2 1/2 tonne 4x4 in winter.

Back