Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ45 Shockies???

Pineapples

Country Flag
australia
Hi guys,

Im just wondering what front and rear shocks other people have used in there cruisers. Ive lifted my ute 6" in total so 75mm spring reset and 3" shackles. What options do i have for extended shocks? I was told newer model hilux rears fit in front which ive purchased but they hit on the steering rod. ☹

Last edited:
IMO you have to attack this in a different way: get the truck jacked to the ride height and stance that you want and then measure the distance between the shock mounting centers. Also you need to know the weight of the truck - then you can determine which shocks you need.
My 40 is raised 2.5 inches at the rear and I used Desert Fox shocks standard 40 fitment plus 2.5 inches. The front is on coil springs - ex P38 - so I cannot help there but the principle still applies to your truck.

While I'm on here, I have been emailing Belton (Desert Fox) to try and buy some shock bushes without success. Do you know if they are still in business? They are in Campbellfield, Vic (+61 393579112) [email protected] If they are no longer trading then I'll have to search out an alternative. Possible to find out for me?

I'll see what else I can find out about shocks but I feel that after market is the way to go for the lift you given your 40.

Regards,
Rodger

Back