Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ45

Nice, very nice and the ultimate theft prevention.

Throw a little mud at it and everyone thinks your driving a 30 year old flintstone mobile.
Untill you floor the pedal that is.

When I win Euromillions, any day soon. I'd like one for the collection :whistle:

They had an article on these a couple of years ago in 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine. Very nice and beautifully put together. It always amazes me that when you see the build quality of the US mass produced vehicles that when they put their mind to it the yanks are very good at putting together no expense spared and nothing too much trouble vehicles with build quality that would shame a Swiss watch maker. Mind you the one thing the the US auto makers have always known is how to build an engine properly. If only they made a really nice Diesel. Now an FJ45 with one of the new Toyota V8 twin turbo Diesels would be a really amazing machine. A VDJ 45 now that would be something

With any USA mass produced product, you'll always find it a little rough around the edges.

They simply don't deliver the finishing touches.

I sell a lot of Polaris ATVs "made in the USA" and allthough you'll have a hard time killing one. The abuse they can handle is mindboggling.
But on just about every machine there is some little glitch.

A gasket that needs reseating, some problem with the wiring loom, alignment a little out of spec, leaking coolant hose due to a badly tightened clamp, etc etc

Biggest problem is that when 10% of any product is made in the USA, they can brand it "made in the USA"
So in effect what your getting is 90 % made somewhere else, Mexico, China, Asia, etc
They source the cheapest subcontractor and then assemble.

Design is always decent, mostly everything when kept standard is idiotproof, but beware of the glitches.

Back