Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flat battery

Yorkshire4x4

Country Flag
uk
Hello landcruiser community

Since march due to the pandemic I've not used my LC 90 D4D much . I tried starting it recently but would not start. The fob key wouldn't even work. So I decided to buy a jump start charger. Can some one please advise which battery do I charge ? The driver side battery or the passenger side battery . Both batteries were changed in summer .
Thank You for reading and replying

If they are new batteries i'd trickle charge them for a couple of days rather than jump start them . Main battery is the drivers side i think but it shouldn't really matter because a poor battery will pull a good battery down whichever way you put them .

I put a cheap solar charger on my sorned 90 after charging them up again and you just reminded me i should check to see if it worked at keeping them topped up . I deliberately bought a very low watt one so it can stay connected long term .

Hi Shayne
I will get onto Ebay and order a trickle charger and gradually charge the batteries i think that will be a better option because at the moment i am using a big power bank type charger

Attachments

• 16074518086571016433066463554818.jpg
    16074518086571016433066463554818.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 31
I havn't got a 90, but if I use a charger, I always connect to main battery, i.e. the one with starter and alternator connections. My theory is, that emulates the way it works anyway, main battery takes charge first, then charge goes into secondary battery. Never had any problems that way.

I will get onto Ebay and order a trickle charger and gradually charge the batteries i think that will be a better option because at the moment i am using a big power bank type charger

Think someone on here said Lidl are doing CTEK chargers!

If you have time, charging each battery seperately is the preferred option, in theory, to guarantee a full charge in each one but if you need to use the vehicle, jump starting shouldn't be a problem. I don't use my 80 that much and keep the batteries topped up by periodically connecting a charger to the driver's side battery until fully charged is showing. Again, in theory, the driver's battery will recieve a slightly higher charge than the passenger battery due to the voltage drop of the balance cable connecting the two but if the cable is large enough (which it is) and the connections are good the difference is negligable. I've been charging them like this for years.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back