Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flat Dog LED under-bonnet lighting

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Been ages since I bought this neat kit. It fits under a Landy bonnet which is pretty flat and boring. The Cruiser bonnet is a little more architecurally challenging. It comes with flat and curved mounts but I used the flat ones.

It has a loom and you just need to add a fuse and switch. The light pods have 3 very bright LEDs in each and there are 6 in all with enough wiring to go from one end of the vehicle to the other should you wish. The pods are sealed and when I say sealed I really mean sealed. These are not going to let water in. I installed 5 into useful locations and then left the 6th as a wandering lead.

So why? If you need that answering you need to go an boil your head obviously. It's so when it's dark and I want to look under the bonnet at all the bits that are still working, I can do this .....
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 17.30.15.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 17.30.28.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 17.30.38.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 17.30.45.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 17.30.53.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 17.31.03.jpg

Interesting Chris. Been looking at some lights for the Molle panel. Those look most suitable.
Around the cost of those I have found. Look to be good quality and would need to be long lasting if use under a Land Rover bonnet. Must also be oil resistant I would presume. :)

I recently bought some of these DR Lights with the intention of mounting them under the bonnet somewhere. They're designed for exterior use so should be well sealed. I have some mounted on the inside of the upper tailgate to shine down on the loading area and they are BRIGHT! Not sure how they'll handle too much heat though so I'll have to choose they location carefully.

I think the idea is to mount one at each strategic potential failure point.

Maybe that's why they sell them by the dozen to Landy owners... :eusa-whistle:

Nice :thumbup:

Back