Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flat Dog Roofrack

SafariTecPeter

Country Flag
norway
Hi!

I am trying from afar to get togheter some information on a FlatDog roofrack
As we know this is a knockoff from the 1.Gen FrontRunner Windcheetah out of Kyalami,SouthAfrica.

I need some dimentions on the "frame" or the outer railing.

If anyone has a FlatDog Rack out there & would share some measurements, I`d be much obliged
Please drop me a PM
Thanks for Your time :)

Peter

I've got a Frontrunner windcheetah I could measure if it helps?

Hi Mark!

Well, in some ways YES :) It would certainly serve as a comparison
What I basically need to know is if a bracktes spesific to the FrontRunner SlimLine II would fit a FlatDog RR.
I am not certain is the current dimensions of the bottom rails on a FlatDog and / or Windcheetah are similar to the FrontRunner SlimLine II

Mark; Could You post a picture of Your far rear corner inside & outside of Your Windcheetah & tell me the height & width of the rail itself?
Unfortunately I don`t have any FlatDog Racks around to measure up... :-/

IMG_0921[1].JPG
IMG_0922[1].JPG

Thanks Mark

Any chance You could please measure the height & width of the frame profile?

It LOOKS (...!!) similar to the current SlimeLineII

got some more with dimensions coming, IT is defeating me atm

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Support 76mm wide

IMG_0926[1].JPG

10mm Thick

IMG_0929[1].JPG

Main Cross Piece 90mm

IMG_0930[1].JPG

23mm thick

IMG_0938[1].JPG

7mm groove

IMG_0974[1].JPG

41mm

IMG_0976[1].JPG

I bought a second hand 3/4 Front runner roof rack on ebay and was told it was for an 80 series. Although it did fit, the legs were 170mm high (Size 7 Leg). After some futher research, it appears that I needed the 130mm Leg (Size 2).

I managed to find the legs at a decent price, however the next problem was that the rack was too narrow.

Might be worth checking if you are not planning on using something off the shelf for your vehicle.

where did you get the legs? mine sits too high

I found a deal on ebay and bought the last 6 he had. The front runner dealers sell them at £70 a pair.

ouch at 7o a pair I think I can live with it being a little high

My good advice would be, as I have been nearly in the same pitfall, is to; Check the size & style FrontRunner state online in their car config before splashing out on a 2.Hd rack or drawer system for that matter. Sellers do claim alot of BS...
Loose items such as them feet command a stupid price :-/ Unfortunately

What I am trying to figure out, is if I can use FR SlimLine2 adittional gear brackets on the Flat Dog rack without having to heavily modify anything.
Purchasing another rack is currently out of the question. Thanks for all the pointers in that aspect :)

Back