Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Folding door mirrors with ignition

Chrisvespec

Can anyone advise how i can get the door mirrors to fold in and out with locking/unlocking its a 2014 v8 LC200, it has the internal dash switch ...

Chris, you say you have a dash switch - does this not fold them with ignition on ?
I have a switch on my 120, or more precisely a button, and when I park, just push the button and in they come.
When returning, with ignition on or started, I just push the button again, and out they go.
I haven't got the auto feature with key on my 120 though.

Yes it has the dash switch to power them in and out with ign on...but want mirrors to fold in and out with remote lock on keyfob

Have tried Techstream V18 but theres nothing there.....bought a mirror module off fleabay so we will see if this works....

Anyone got a wiring diagram or info as to how to wire the module, instructions are vague to say the least, typical from china...

I had a play with mine yesterday - 200 series, 2012 UK model and I came to the conclusion the switch was simply an in or out option. There is no automatic in when ignition off option.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A logical explanation Guy, that's why there is a switch/button, no need for both options ?

I've never been a fan of automatically folding mirrors in when the car is locked. Don't know what the 200 is like but on a lot of cars it leaves exposed wires.

Let's hope you can't tap into the CANBUS from what's exposed...

Back