Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sold in 2016, bought back in 2023 My 1994 M reg 80 series 12v manual VX

adrianr

Toyota Landcruiser 1994 M reg

I am selling the sixth 80 series I have owned since 1995.
It has been by far the best and my favourite. I have owned this 80 coming up on 6 years and it has been pretty much faultless. 219,000 miles. MOT until 28/08/2015.

I am only selling it becuase of a change in circumstance and lifestyle meaning that it has gone from being my daily driver since I have owned it and regular green laning trips to haveing done no green laning in the last 15 months and only having put 12 miles on the landcruiser in the last 3 months.

So I would rather the truck be put to good use and do what it was designed to dowhich is be used to travel and explore.

So some background overview notes, and a video of the vehicle listing modifications and maintenance.

I spent 3 months looking for a very particular vehichle. I wanted a dark metallic green 12 valve VX spec with cloth seats (not keen on leather), no cruise no aircon and most importantly for me a manual gearbox. One that had a full service history, preferably one owner and one that had not been used off road.

And that is what I found. Except it was 2 owners - the man i bought it off had owned it for most of its life, having bought it off his uncle who lived in the next
house, and who had bought it new from Toyota.

The veichle was exactly what i wanted, I have the fully documented hostory - much of the early history with their families farm mechanic. Whatever the vehicle needed prior to my ownership it received. And that has continued in my ownership. I have pretty much every receipt for everything that has been spent on the car, all the old MOTs, pretty much every tax disc, both original keys

Once I got the truck I took it to Julian at Overland Cruiser to baseline the car change the big end bearings for ACL, change the front diff which had been run dry and was noisy. During the visits to Julian we stripped and rebuilt the front axles, fitted new wheel bearings, new nitrided grooved front discs. (Subsequent to this i have stripped and regreased the wheel bearings and front CVs and hubs on three occasions). We also fitted new raised EMU suspension with the medium weight rear springs. Shortly after a snorkel and a lightweight aluminium winch bumper.

Ill upload to photobucket images, plus a pdf of the works i have so far carried out - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13620845/landcruiserMaintenance.pdf

It has had an oil change every 3 - 4000 miles and a filter at every other oil change. All OEM. Everything works as it should, including all three diff locks, the rear was replaced with a new unit from Toyota. If teh truck needed something fixing it was fixed. The truck drives well. A used fuel pump was fitted by me in 2013/14, and the injectors were reconditioned in 2014 by RVS in Swindon. I have a file with receipts for nearly everything ever done to the car, both original keys, all old MOTs and nearly every tax disc. I can tell you what works were planned for later this year so you can keep up with the maintenance if you choose too.

This is a well cared for 80 series landcruier in good condition for its age with very well documented maintenance from a very enthusiastic owner. It gets washed most weeks and has been waxed twice a year since my purchase.

There are some spares with the car - wheel bearings, Toyota brake pads, belts, rocker cover gasket, spare CV (not sure of the make), fuel filter and oil filter (all OEM).

The 80 series are in my mind the finest vehicle ever deisgned and built. If I hadnt had a change of direction I would not be selling this truck. I want it to go to someone who will use it and get as much enjoyment from it as I have had. Do remember this is a 21 year old vehicle. there are scratches, several small dents, a few small rusty areas which i have stayed on top of with dinitrol rust converter treatments twice a year. So it has many more years left to give.

Please pm me for more details or to set up a time to speak / view. Many thanks

Looking for £6000. No rush to sell.

Larry's rules apply. Thank you!

IMG_3219_zpsorimj3kv.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsj21esz6h.jpg

IMG_3214_zpsq5fjux7j.jpg

IMG_3213_zpscgomi4go.jpg

IMG_3207_zpscmwnul2z.jpg

IMG_3217_zpszl17aypx.jpg

IMG_3217_zpszl17aypx.jpg

IMG_3211_zps9ujhhxkt.jpg

IMG_3208_zps5j54yol2.jpg

IMG_3206_zpsie9dixdl.jpg

IMG_3203_zpsht2jbdqq.jpg

th_IMG_3202_zpsqwmbnok5.mp4.jpg

th_IMG_3244_zpsl3emrnqw.mp4.jpg

th_IMG_3201_zps8wh9xvuz.mp4.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3219_zpsorimj3kv.jpg
    IMG_3219_zpsorimj3kv.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3218_zpsj21esz6h.jpg
    IMG_3218_zpsj21esz6h.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3214_zpsq5fjux7j.jpg
    IMG_3214_zpsq5fjux7j.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3213_zpscgomi4go.jpg
    IMG_3213_zpscgomi4go.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3207_zpscmwnul2z.jpg
    IMG_3207_zpscmwnul2z.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3217_zpszl17aypx.jpg
    IMG_3217_zpszl17aypx.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3217_zpszl17aypx.jpg
    IMG_3217_zpszl17aypx.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3211_zps9ujhhxkt.jpg
    IMG_3211_zps9ujhhxkt.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3208_zps5j54yol2.jpg
    IMG_3208_zps5j54yol2.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3206_zpsie9dixdl.jpg
    IMG_3206_zpsie9dixdl.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3203_zpsht2jbdqq.jpg
    IMG_3203_zpsht2jbdqq.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 5
  • th_IMG_3202_zpsqwmbnok5.mp4.jpg
    th_IMG_3202_zpsqwmbnok5.mp4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
  • th_IMG_3244_zpsl3emrnqw.mp4.jpg
    th_IMG_3244_zpsl3emrnqw.mp4.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Good luck with the sale Adrian, out of curiosity how many miles has it done? I'm sure a few members would like to know especially if they are interested.
Good 80's are thin on the ground now and this one might be "stand out" so hopefully it won't be hanging around long.

Thanks Andy - 219.000 miles. Im uploading a video walk around plus video of some of the paperwork i have.

It looks a beaut Adrian, you'll be shedding a tear when that rolls off the driveway for the last time... no doubt. :icon-cry:

Thanks Clive. Yep already been shedding them. It'll be a good truck for someone to get some real use out of.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That looks like a bargain, if anything a bit cheap for a solid 80 I'd say! When I was looking I couldn't find anything that was any good for that money..!

Thanks Mike. I wasn't sure how to price it - to be fair i think ill up the price on ebay and pistonheads if i get it that far and no one on here takes it.

Hi all - just to let you know its now listed on ebay and pistonheads at £5999

Last edited:
Hi all. It is Still for sale. Will take £5250 so I can get the motor home project underway. Thanks.

Just agreed a sale on the Landcruiser. I'll be introducing the new owner to you all. Said he was keen to join the forum when I discussed it with him. He should be collecting Sunday evening all being well.

I will be soo sad to say goodbye to the truck, but also glad its going to be used properly and hopefully continue to be well cared for. I've only put a few hundred miles on it in the last year, most of that was a run to Manchester for the MOT.

Congrats on the sale, but sad at the same time I imagine.

Good luck on your new ventures Adrian! :thumbup:

Many thanks Clive. It is sad, and paradoxically exciting too. Different kind of adventures next. Looking for a manual Hymer S 550 with a rear lounge and that great 5 cylinder 2.9 diesel Mercedes, and a rear diff lock.

Adrian I was offered a 03 sprinter with 30k on the clock. Needs a bit of work forgot what model have pictures if interested it was 6 berth with toy room at the back. Pm if you interested and will send you pictures and see if still available lot of van for the money but not my cup of tea.

Hello mate. thank you for the offer and suggestion however it is not for me. Have my heart set on a very particular Hymer model. Not many about but am sure the right one will make itself visible when the timing is just right.

Thanks Firewout. That is exactly what we are looking for. Have been watching that one for a while. Most likely I will buy one in Germany since they work out a few grand cheaper. Will be a nice drive back tied in with some sight seeing.

The Merc 2.9 na engine is a bit of a donkey but legendary for reliability - reliability like the 4.2 td in the LandCruiser. Been thinking i might install a low pressure turbo to help it up the hills. We shall see. Pity I could not buy 18 months ago - prices were about 40% lower.

Well that was emotional for me. Just waved goodbye to my old friend after six and a half years.

Rob Moore bought her - a landy owner who has wanted an 80 for a long time. Am sure you will see him on here soon. Glad its gone to another enthusiast.

Commiserations Adrian, but she's gone to a good home by the sounds of it.

Chin up, it's not the end, just the start of something different :thumbup:

Back