Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For sale: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Colorado VX 3.0 TD Automatic £2,400

SpinDrift

Supporter
Garage
DSC_7172.jpg

Being offered to club members only for £2,400. Reserve the right to advertise higher elsewhere.

Purchased in 2007. 3 previous owners. UK registered from new.

White with grey leather interior. 7 seater. Sunroof. Roof rails. Tinted rear windows. 2 sets of keys.

174,00 miles. Remanufactured engine from Ivor Sealey Ltd installed at 104,000 miles - so engine milage is 70,000. Starts and runs well. Centre and rear diff lockers are in good working order.

OME suspension giving 2 inch lift. Safari snorkel.

BFG/AT's 265/75/16 - have run for approx 10,000 miles - good for at least another 40,000 miles. Fitted in December 2011.

Radiator and water pump replaced at 165,051 miles. Separate ATF cooler to eliminate the risk of radiator rusting through and coolant contaominating the ATF.

No body dents but has some scratches and scuffs to paint work and trim. Some minor rust spots but nothing significant.

One corner of the rear bumper has rested against a tree and is slightly buckled. Light cluster just above it has some cracks - the cluster is legal but a replacement is included in the sale. Side steps are bent.

Interior is clean, neat and tidy. Some cracking in leather seats. The drivers side rear door electric window does not work.

Service history backed by receipts. MOT till March 2013, road tax till February 2013. Last service was 3,500 miles ago.

Photo is not recent (side steps are still straight). Roof rack and stuff on roof rack shown in the photo are not included in the sale - but if the buyer wants the rack I'll throw it in for free. I will post some recent photos shortly.

Larry's Rule applies.

Last edited:
P.M. sent,
First dibs.

Get in an orderly line !

Gra.

My daughter is very interested,
She just got back to me 5 minutes ago.
I sent you a PM asking for more pictures, did you check your PM box?

my email address is in the PM I sent you.

Gra.

Reinhard ?????

hello, Please.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good luck with the sale it looked a nice one when i followed you around wales with Rob and Lorin.

Joe

Its been a bit hectic today - only just managed to check in. Thanks for the well wishes.

Graham - I'll email you shortly.

Caferaca - you're second in line.

The car is in Bradford, West Yorshire.

For accuracy I have to point out that the milage is 176,000 and not 174,000 as stated abive.

As far as the engine / mechanics are concerned, I am not aware of anything that needs immediate attention. Just a regular service when the time comes. I have always taken care of what ever needs doing. Over the last 18 months I have had the fluids replaced, brake disks and pads, belts (incl timing belt), radiator and water pump replaced, and the starter motor refurbished. Its all in the service history. In recent years, the work was carried out by West Coast 4x4.

The body could do with a good polish. There are some rust spots in the top corners of the windscreen. From what I can see, the rust has not penetrated the metal and even with the copious rain we've had this year, there is no ingress of water - but it needs attention. Some nice person also scratched the rear door - and this also needs attention. I already mentioned that one the rear door windows does not work, the bent side steps and the slightly deformed bumper. Other than that you might want to replace or remove the rear passenger door tinting - its OK but not the best. Not a big deal, even if done professionally. The price reflects that some tlc is required.

All in all I think it is good, reliable car. It is 16 years old and, as described above, the body could do with some tlc but as far as the mechanics are concerned (and to my mind this has always been the more important aspect), the car is good for a few more 100k miles.

The only reason why I am selling is that I now have the 100 and cannot realistically keep both trucks.

Here are some photos:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

I have not heard back from Graham's daughter.

Caferaca, if you are still interested pl let me know as someone else has also shown interest.

I am, in the meantime going to advertise elsewhere.

that is one cheap car I cant believe its not gone yet

Hi, offer it to the other guy. Don't really want to fix the bodywork, and a long way from me.

Thanks though
Rick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

P.M. sent,
First dibs.

Get in an orderly line !

Gra.
My daughter Susan, was really wanting it, but can't raise the money.
I offered to borrow her the money, but she owes, me a fair bit already, so declined.

Gra.

Thanks Graham.

My daughter Susan, was really wanting it, but can't raise the money.
I offered to borrow her the money, but she owes, me a fair bit already, so declined.

Gra.

Well done dude; sad to see the old warhorse off to a new home??

Thanks. Yes, it is a little sad as there have been quite a few memorable trips, but hey there will be more with the new truck. The old wanderlust is kicking in again. Just cant shake it off.

Back