Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale: 3.11 low range gear set for 80 series (25% reduction)

Lorin

I have a brand new unused low range gear set from trail gear that I bought in April this year. This replaces a gear in the transfer case to give a 25% reduction in low range gearing. I had intended to fit but now realise that if do not need them as the combination of an auto and being slightly over-corrected with the 4.88s gives me sufficient low range gearing. These cost me £380 due to import duty, VAT etc. I am open to sensible offers.

For more information see here http://www.trail-gear.com/product/4698/fj80-fj100-3-11-low-range-gear-set

Last edited:
I'm willing to take £250 if anyone is interested.

Would these work on a manual box? Or only for auto

Gearbox is irrelevant - they are transfer gears. They only change the gearing in low range, high remains the same. They would probably be better suited to a manual IMO as the auto allows so much ‘slip’ I found they just weren’t needed. In a manual, especially if on bigger tyres, they would give a significant improvement in low speed power and crawl.

so these are literally a crawler gear lorin? as found on unimogs and tractors?

These are an absolute bargain, i had similar when had my Isuzu and it transformed it off road. Clutch took less abuse especially on rocks and obstacles.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
excuse my ignorance lorin.. does this reduce the entire low range by 25%?

Back