Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For sale 4 x Cooper STT's 285/75/16

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Today I got a new set of boots, so I have these for sale, 5 Cooper STT 285/75/16

These tyres have only been on for less than 5000mls so not very worn at all the spare has never been on the road still got the sticker on, see here;

20180622_172904.jpg

The others;

20180622_172919.jpg

I haven't measured the tread depth but as can be seen on the pics they're hardly worn, no damage no punctures;

20180622_172936.jpg

All the tyres are similar in amount of wear, asking for £350 for all five Cooper STT 285/75/16 tyres. To be collected from Morden South London.

EDIT
I've just noticed the unused spare is a STT Pro, I think there's been a mix up at the tyre fitters they must have given me a Pro instead of the unused STT that had been my spare, I'll check with them tomorrow.

2nd EDIT
A while ago I damaged one tyre and had to buy a replacement, so maybe this one was sent by mistake.

Last edited:
Today I got a new set of boots, so I have these for sale, 5 Cooper STT 285/75/16

These tyres have only been on for less than 5000mls so not very worn at all the spare has never been on the road still got the sticker on, see here;

View attachment 145834

The others;

View attachment 145835

I haven't measured the tread depth but as can be seen on the pics they're hardly worn, no damage no punctures;

View attachment 145836

All the tyres are similar in amount of wear, asking for £350 for all five Cooper STT 285/75/16 tyres. To be collected from Morden South London.

EDIT
I've just noticed the unused spare is a STT Pro, I think there's been a mix up at the tyre fitters they must have given me a Pro instead of the unused STT that had been my spare, I'll check with them tomorrow.

2nd EDIT
A while ago I damaged one tyre and had to buy a replacement, so maybe this one was sent by mistake.
I've had an enquiry about the unused spare so that may become unavailable, watch this space. :think:

May I ask what tyres (and size) you replaced them with, Chas?

May I ask what tyres (and size) you replaced them with, Chas?
Cooper STT pro's 265/75/16 Clive.
Today I thought I'd check the wheel nuts, the bloody spanner monkey has done the nuts so tight one stud has broken trying to undo it so I didn't try the others as I wasn't at home when I checked them and I didn't want to get stranded.

Cooper STT pro's 265/75/16 Clive.
Today I thought I'd check the wheel nuts, the bloody spanner monkey has done the nuts so tight one stud has broken trying to undo it so I didn't try the others as I wasn't at home when I checked them and I didn't want to get stranded.
Oh no!! That is infuriating. Front or rear?

When mine were changed this last time I did them up and they didn’t have a torque wrench so I torqued them when I got home. I always ‘lend a hand’ especially as this time I had the rims swapped so in effectvitvwas 8 fittings and balances. The Pros are heavy. Do you notice a difference in the ride and handling Chas?

Going from 33 to 31 tyres you should feel a big difference. Would be 8nterested what your revs change to when on the high way

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh no!! That is infuriating. Front or rear?

When mine were changed this last time I did them up and they didn’t have a torque wrench so I torqued them when I got home. I always ‘lend a hand’ especially as this time I had the rims swapped so in effectvitvwas 8 fittings and balances. The Pros are heavy. Do you notice a difference in the ride and handling Chas?

It was front drivers side wheel with a broken stud. Before they put the nuts back on I demonstrated how tight I wanted them and left them to it, big mistake, they obviously did what they thought they should be.
The same thing happened many years ago with a different tyre shop after a tyre change, I never checked the nuts that time, later when I had a puncture I was changing the wheel and broke two studs so I called the RAC to change the wheel, before he got the wheel off two more studs got broken and I had to drive home (very slowly) with just two nuts holding the wheel on. For peace of mind I had all the studs replaced. I can't take a chance with Romania coming up so I will have all studs changed again.
I haven't driven very far yet but I've not noticed much difference in the ride or handling, I'll take note when I have a longer drive. I think the 265's feel considerably lighter than the 285's

I use my own spanner to tighten myself when i visit the tyre shop , they've gotten to know me well enough to let me borrow tools and bring them back tomorrow , same as the weld shop i use and glory to behold when i returned to a new garage after failing the last M.O.T they were busy so i got my pass with an old school wink :icon-wink:

Good luck with the sale Chas those Coopers are great tyres i still run the same on Helen's truck and the trailer but sadly i couldn't find them in the size i wanted for the other two trucks - iirc they are speed rated for circa 100mph .

Going from 33 to 31 tyres you should feel a big difference. Would be 8nterested what your revs change to when on the high way
I measured my 285/75/16 at A smidge over 32" Stu, nowhere near 33" and the new 265/75/16 measure just under 32", even allowing for mismeasurement not a lot of difference.

They are 15mm less in diameter, so it’s not much.

75% of the difference in width.

It does vary between manufacturer but 285 are revered to 33" as it pretty close and 265 are 31" tyres. I know a mate in S.A. did this for his road tyres and he said made a big difference to the acceleration.

I could tell the difference on my old 90 when I went from 34 to 31.

Just interested what you thought of the change chas

It does vary between manufacturer but 285 are revered to 33" as it pretty close and 265 are 31" tyres. I know a mate in S.A. did this for his road tyres and he said made a big difference to the acceleration.

I could tell the difference on my old 90 when I went from 34 to 31.

Just interested what you thought of the change chas
I haven't driven much yet and so far I've not noticed any difference in acceleration but it's only been around town I'll check next time I'm out and about.

View attachment 145834

The others;

View attachment 145835

View attachment 145836

EDIT

2nd EDIT
3rd EDIT
The STT Pro unused spare is now sold, subject to collection so the other four 285/75/16 tyres are now going for £250 ono

These tyres have only been on for less than 5000mls so not very worn at all
[ATTACTH=full]145835[/ATTACH]
View attachment 145836
All the tyres are similar in amount of wear. To be collected from Morden South London.

BUMP!

Reduction in price.

The STT Pro unused spare is now sold, subject to collection, so the other four Cooper STT's 285/75/16 tyres are now going for £200 ono

All the tyres are similar in amount of wear. To be collected from Morden South London, or buyer to arrange courier.
Chas

Last edited:
BUMP!

Reduction in price.

The STT Pro unused spare is now sold, subject to collection, so the other four Cooper STT's 285/75/16 tyres are now going for £200 ono

All the tyres are similar in amount of wear. To be collected from Morden South London, or buyer to arrange courier.
Chas
Don't suppose your going to lincome sept Chas are You?

It's possible if I'm back from Romania, what are the Lincomb dates?
7/ 8th I believe. If you still have them and you make Lincomb and had space available in the truck I'd buy these.

7/ 8th I believe. If you still have them and you make Lincomb and had space available in the truck I'd buy these.
I should be back by then, so OK I'll bring them along if I am.

Back