Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale. 80 Series VX Manual 238,000 miles

ByronJ

Country Flag
wales
My Neighbour dropped by yesterday to say he wanted to sell his 80 series. There was not a lot of room to photograph the car as my drive was full so there is no significance to me not photographing the driver's side.

The car has clocked 238,000 miles and is generally grubby with plenty of evidence of corrosion underneath (this would need a closer look) but bodywork generally looks solid. I did not look closely or test anything. He told me the rear locker does not work but the front one does. Aerial is clearly broken. I know he recently replaced the rear liftgate door and had the bonnet resprayed. It looks like there are rust bubbles at the front of the bonnet and around the top of the windscreen and I think the bonnet release cable is sticking so bonnet is hard to close correctly. Three of the tyres are well worn.

If anyone is interested in it then pm me and I will pass on his telephone number. I do not think the car is advertised anywhere as yet.

IMG_1812.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1811.jpg
IMG_1815.jpg
IMG_1816.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Byron your teasing me showing my old 80 in the background.

Oh Byron your teasing me showing my old 80 in the background.

Sorry about that Brian. Though I am sure the car is enjoying being outside after spending nearly 2 years in my garage :icon-exclaim:

I recon this truck would make someone a great "starter pack' for a project, whether a refurb to stock or a dedicated overland or off-roader.

I recon this truck would make someone a great "starter pack' for a project, whether a refurb to stock or a dedicated overland or off-roader.

And it's the right colour too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Byron, have you changed the rear sliding widows to one piece ?

Its an import, you can tell by the depth of the side trims as well. I've never seen an import with sliding windows.
but there's always the exeption.

Last edited:
Its an import, you can tell by the depth of the side trims as well. I've never seen an import with sliding windows.
but there's always the exeption.

From his ebay

"UK car, so cheaper insurance than the imports,"

Perhaps he does not know it is an import.

Think were at cross purposes Andy, i am talking about the green one in the background, i know it's an import, it used to be mine & yes it had sliding windows.

From his ebay

"UK car, so cheaper insurance than the imports,"

Perhaps he does not know it is an import.

Last 80 import I insured I think cost £220, certainly less than GX which cost £240 ( both last year).

You keeping alright Gra?

Think were at cross purposes Andy, i am talking about the green one in the background, i know it's an import, it used to be mine & yes it had sliding windows.
A sure fire case of not looking who posted, :oops: .

S

Not yet Brian. That is on my list of jobs to do in May when I tackle the minor blemishes on the bodywork.

Back