Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For sale, my black Maggiolina Airstream roof tent

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
I'm selling my black Maggiolina Airstream roof tent.

I've had this tent over four years but it's not really been slept in that much, I had a quick count up of my trips inc Lincomb and I reckon about 34 nights in all.

Everything is in working order, it has the original pillows and ladder. there are two faults, one side of the fabric has a small tear where I pulled the top down forgetting to attach the elastic bungees inside that pull the fabric to the middle as the top comes down and the fabric got caught between the hydraulic arms. I do have some tent repair material but never put it on as the hole has never leaked in the rain.

The other more serious fault is on the top section of the tent where I drove into a car park and caught it on a height barrier, a ring hook on the barrier has torn a channel. I’ve no experience with fibre glass but I think the damage would be easy to repair as it's a very neat channel that's been covered with Gaffa tape to keep it weatherproof so no rain has got inside., I drove up to the barrier and got out to check the clearance and I thought that's OK it will clear but what I didn't notice was that the road went up a slope into the car park so the truck rose up and a hanging ring tore a strip in the fibre glass. As soon as I realised what had happened I covered the hole with a strip of Gaffa tape, I have bought some glass repair stuff that I’ll include.

It has only slept one person but would easily sleep two with loads of room,

I'm selling because I'm getting a bit stiff and old for climbing ladders, actually it's not the getting up it's climbing down that's awkward I'm fully expecting to fall each time I do it.

At the moment the tent is in dry storage with Julian Voelcker

I would be asking £950 for but I'm open to offers

20180621_130504.jpg Roof tent.jpg

Its nice to know i'm not the only one to damage a roof tent by driving under a car park height barrier.....

My black Maggiolina Airstream roof tent now sold for a very good price to a chap on Facebook.

I'm in the market for one. Some prices on ebay are insane. What did you get for it if you don't mind sharing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back