Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For sale "Out of Town" Long Ranger 166 ltr. aux fuel tank for TLC80

GeorgeG

Country Flag
bulgaria
Hi all, up for sale is "Out of town" Long ranger 166 ltr. aux fuel tank. Used in very good condition. Here's link with the specs:
http://www.thelongranger.com.au/80serieslongrangefueltank.html

Asking for 750 euros( or equivalent GBP, USD....) That includes shipping within EU. Item located in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Cheers!
George

Negative! Will use them in my No.2 (ste same). They sell bare new anyways. I'm havig problems uploadin actual pics. Will happen ASAP!

I put together from OME used parts( from a junk yard) and came up real cheap.I have no idea how much will a brand new set cost.

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• fueltank 006.jpg
    fueltank 006.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
  • fueltank 008.jpg
    fueltank 008.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
  • fueltank 005.jpg
    fueltank 005.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • fueltank 003.jpg
    fueltank 003.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
  • fueltank 001.jpg
    fueltank 001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
with the size of that tank and the fuel its going to weight a lot

Thats why they recommend a heavy duty suspention (which I have). It takes more than 166ltr too. I've tryed 190 and it had room for a few more ltrs.So it gets approx. 200kg. Well the drawer system I have ( African outback) empty is 88kgs. and so on. We can gain weight to our cruisers very fast and easy:) Because we can!:)...

Last edited:
When fitted does it stick down far? The pictures of the ones ive seen seem to come down quite low and look a bit venerable for getting caught when offroad

Not really. Maybe an inch or so lower then the spare tire and way above the lowest point of the rear diff. It is designed very well to follow the shape of the vehidle(not a square box)

Do you know at what cost for a new fitting kit?
Got curious after reading your question and started some research. Original brand new parts are around 300 AUD. Way overpriced in my opinion. There's nothing complicated in instalation and parts for it. Here is a photo of things needed. It's for FJ (shown on the photo) but for an 80 is pretty much the same.

Attachments

• the.longranger.200.series.fit.kit.IMG_9286.jpg
    the.longranger.200.series.fit.kit.IMG_9286.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Silly question maybe but if they say it replaces the current tank why the dual filler neck?

As its from aus lots have the sub tank so have the duel neck as std. So this would just replace the oem sub tank.
Stu

It does not replace the main tank nor the OEM aux one. Of course if you have OEM aux(50 ltr) fitted it has to go to make room for this one. The spare tire (under the vehicle) has to be relocated as well. The tire holder goes as well. The tank fits perfectly udner neath using the mounting holes for the spare tire. So have two tanks and thats why the double filler neck. What I'll do (when gets warmer in few weeks) is have single neck and simply have a second filler door instaled.Like I said took original parts( incl the filler door+bits) from junk yard for the cost of a six pack of beer.

Attachments

• tlc+rado.jpg
    tlc+rado.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 86
Is the price wrong? Offers?
P.S. They sell new for alot more.

There is one floating around on the forum in the UK for £400 I think it was.

As it stands it's lots of money for something most on the forum see as a nice to have rather than a necessity. Most would rather get there cruisers up and running first and then add a lift them a bumper etc first. After all we live in Europe and most of the time there is a fuel station within 20miles so long range is not needed.

Chas, I've seen yours when it was still in BG...I didn't buy it. I chose the original :) Yours is a good replica.

Price drops to 650 euro incl. shipping within EU.

Back