FOR SALE: Oz Tent RV3 with fly sheet

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Oz Tent RV3 bought new by me in September 2013 and used just once at Lincomb, on a ground sheet, put up in our lounge after to make sure it was dry before packing it away so in perfect condition. Includes a fly sheet and extra poles to peek the front awning. Having the fly means you can have windows open in the rain and keeps condensation away :icon-cool:

£545

Jon, you're killing me. You know I can't resist a tent. Not sure what you mean by the flysheet though. I take it that isn't the peaked side screens? Just the poles to push the awning up into a peak? Been watching You Tube etc but don't quite follow the extra bit. Haven't seen that anywhere

Chris
EDIT, scratch that Jon, just found it.

Last edited:
It doesn't have the peaked side panels, just the extra poles to peak the awning. The poles you get as standard just give you a flat flappy awning. It's an brilliant tent for a base camp, being able to back the rear of the truck under the awning, easy to put up etc. I was a bit torn between using this and using the pop up roof tent but the pop up wins purely on not caring about ground conditions or space for the times I am likely to use it.

Found the side panels at £250. They make quite a complete tent. Like I need another tent. I have 5 already plus the RTT. Of course it would fit in the car if I came to collect my other bits ...

Someone buy it please and stop me.

You need a front panel as well as the sides to properly enclose it Chris but the modularity of them is another plus, only put up the bits you have time / inclination for. The main tent goes up as fast as they say in the adverts but obviously extra bits take a bit more fiddle time.

The standard tent is single skin and can be prone to condensation problems. The fly zips onto the tent and goes over the rear with a couple of short poles to support it. Having the fly means you should keep condensation at bay and also shelters the windows so you can have those open and get more ventilation going. The tent packs away with the fly still attached and it all fits in the main tent bag including the extra poles.

Last edited:
Hmm, been Googling.

Just such a dilemma over what to really go with. I still like the idea of having a shed full of stuff that I can pick for different scenarios. And a Mag plus a RTT etc etc. Plus maybe a spare 80 for cold weather and one for ....

And I nearly always come back to my Bell tent. It's just a pleasure to be in. But would I necessarily want that in, say, Morocco? Fast trips, I'd like a pop up .Hang on. Thread drift. We've been here already.

Just not sure where I'd store it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You could keep it in the bell tent Chris...:whistle:

....................where's my coat?

We don't have a lot of spare space so it lives in the loft. Until Karl decided he was going to sell the mag back to me after all I was set on this RV3 being my best compromise for all occasions so I blame him for stirring things up again :lol: It's not as big and comfy as your bell tent but you can get pretty comfy in there in a much shorter time. Maybe you could add a chimney hole for your log burner :icon-cool:

They do a cranked section for the chimney Jon, so you have have the stove under cover without cutting a hole.

Stop it.

Excellent, just as well Jon there are so many other things left to buy for this project. It's just a shame that they aren't as easy to buy as your tent.

Back