Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Foreign influences

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
It's St. George's Day! "We reject foreign influences in England. That is our weltanschauung. Multiculturalism is our bête noire and we strongly believe that English culture is destined to become kaput if the current zeitgeist continues to be de rigueur. But it doesn't have to be a fait accompli and that's why we will continue to be the enfant terrible of modern politics. It's time to act:
Carpe diem!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/2013/06/mr-nationalist.html

It's St. George's Day! "We reject foreign influences in England. That is our weltanschauung. Multiculturalism is our bête noire and we strongly believe that English culture is destined to become kaput if the current zeitgeist continues to be de rigueur. But it doesn't have to be a fait accompli and that's why we will continue to be the enfant terrible of modern politics. It's time to act:
Carpe diem!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/2013/06/mr-nationalist.html
Absolutely Mange toot mon Brave as we say in Peckham

Zi fericita de Sfantul George !
(this is a literal translation, of “happy St. George’s day“ it doesn’t mean anything proper in Romanian, before anyone calls me out!)

And even the English language is a foreign influence. According to this video, English comes from Old Norse, not from Old English. See from 13 minutes if the rest is too boring.

And even the English language is a foreign influence. According to this video, English comes from Old Norse, not from Old English. See from 13 minutes if the rest is too boring.
But that is an American video, I'll say no more. :expressionless:

Reactions: uHu
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But that is an American video, I'll say no more. :expressionless:
Well, Paul of LangFocus is Canadian, living in Japan. He has studied language history, also (or mainly) European languages.

Back