Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Forum paraphernalia

Ecky Thump

Garage
Okay guys, or more specifically the computer literate amongst you.

Isn't it about time we talked about a club car sticker etc :?:
I'm still running around with the yellow diamond but really feel the need for a new one.

At the 4x4 show, Chris and I were chatting that it would have been nice to have some flyers or business cards as there were loads of Cruisers in the car park. I would happily have gone round sticking them under wipers to try and promote the club more and I'm sure we have all spotted Cruisers now and again that we could have done something about.
We spoke to a Scottish guy who had a competition 90 and a road 90 who I'm sure will join if he can ever remember what we are called, a simple flyer could have solved that one.

I can't volunteer as I don't have the know how or access to the equipment but I'm sure some of the moderators must have a clue what to do.

I for one don't mind paying a joining fee if it means we can fund something like this. What does anyone else think :?:

Good point, Les!
Crispin, Julian V and a few others have been discussing this and plans are underway. Obviously a suitable logo has to be developed and then the stickers have to be ordered.

I'm sure the people involved can update us on the latest state of play :twisted:

Cheers,

Agreed Les. We could have plastered the place. The Scottish chap hasn't turned up on here unfortunately. He had a bobtail SWB 90 - yes, a bobtailed shortie. It was like a 4x4 smart car! Tried to sell him a winch mount and some side steps. Guess what? He was a welder by trade. Doh. And Claire (the current Mrs Tommo) was very very tempted. You could tell. But she has gone away to think about it. :oops:

Chris

I think at the moment we're stuck working out what the logo should be?

Did it get decided what the club is going to be called?
I thought some ELCO element was going to be included?

According to the announcement it's the European Land Cruiser Owners Club but the most recent suggestion was club with a small c so that it's the ELCO club. Dunno, discuss, I think the main problem is not enough opinions so once there are a few posted they can then be ignored (only joking!) :mrgreen: I'll be happy if we just pick something and stick to it :roll: but we could still have some domain stickers on our trucks while the name and a logo get sorted. Anyone got a favourite sticker place?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
I'll be happy if we just pick something and stick to it :roll: but we could still have some domain stickers on our trucks while the name and a logo get sorted. Anyone got a favourite sticker place?

As long as Land Cruiser or Landcruiser are in the title then I don't mind.
I prefer my stickers in the front and rear screens at the top so maybe long and thin as opposed to 'a square on it's side'.
It will need to be external as my tint at the rear is too dark to see owt from outside if it is on the inside.

I don't think it should be just ELCO as this betrays what was started here before the merger, there must be some of this sites indentity included.

There was a guy on the other forum that did sticka printing - I don't think he's made it across... Who was he?? Oh yes, Tobyjug...

Worth trying to get him on board??

Julian said:
Did it get decided what the club is going to be called?
I thought some ELCO element was going to be included?

I didn't want to stir up a hornets nest, just wanted to know what was going to be put on the stickers, I must have missed that announcement

Does the name really matter that much?

Julian said:
Does the name really matter that much?
Not to me but I'm not the boss :) but it's difficult to move forward with logos and stickers without being sure what it's called!

I am a refugee from ELCO and do like the mailing list system, but having joined this forum I can see some advantages, so I think some sort of compromise on the stickers is best. I would certainly not like to see ELCO disappear into the mists of time.

*Shakes head*

Just un-doing the nuts on my cannon.

Jon knock some heads together please :mrgreen:

To be honest I'm still very unsure what this forum is?

Is the plan to be commercial concern to make money? or is it a members club where we all contribute towards the upkeep of the club and have transparency?

24Seven said:
is it a members club where we all contribute towards the upkeep of the club and have transparency?
That one AFAIK, that's what I've signed up for.

ELCO - The Landcruiser Club
I think that is a very good option, works for me.
Chas

Back