Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Four Year Waiting List

Odin 8

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Listening to the Beeb World Service this morning and the news is, quote;- "The worlds largest motor manufacturer Toyota, has announced that there is now a four year waiting list for the new Landcruiser. Toyota say this is not due to a shortage of supplies or components. Toyota has not given a reason"?
In a later bulletin they did mention models under manufacture, but not I am not up on the new models. Another news feed said the first of the new V6 models, petrol and diesel are going to Saudi. The only conclusion that I can draw is that your Landcruiser has just gone up in value, considerably. They might be getting nicked next like the old Defenders when announced they were ceasing production.

They are talking about the 300 series....not even relevant to us poor UK dwellers because we will never see it ... Toyota UK can't be bothered to bring full size Landcruiser to the UK .

Reactions: Raj
It’s been months now that my cousin here in Cyprus from the garage put a order in for 4 X 300 series VX models for his customers at £125,000 min cost here. No choice of colour just want they send you. At that time it was 1.5 year wait plus they still didn’t get back to him for finishing the order.

From insider news Russia had ordered 1 million 300’s and offered to pay cash in advance. The Middle East is another major market and then Far East. Europe including the UK is not even in the map along with the USA this time around. This soon jumped to 4 year wait minimum now and that if you can get your hand in one so best of luck

This explains why the Landcuisers are going up in value. The issue with the UK that I believe is that they are still sold on Land Rover been 'The Best 4x4xfar' which is now on borrowed time. The UK is a testing ground to prove how bad Land Rovers are and for the world to see.
What I did not realize about these new LRs, only from watching Andrew St Pierre White, is that owners cannot fit off road tyres because they come with massive 19 inch disc brakes only allowing the fitment of low profile tyres. To go off road, Land Rover instructions, the tyres need to be inflated to 3 Bar !!! The result is that the wheels get smashed up and they need recovering, rendering these pretentious fashion accessories totally incapable of been used off road. Land Rover are too arrogant to accept this fact. The result being that the Four Wheel Drive world is now wide open to the manufacturers of such vehicles (not talking SUV but trucks, work horses). Isuzu are stepping up to the mark, I bet Suzuki take the smaller bottom end of the market and Solihull is still busy looking at itself in the mirror entertaining Wags, (footballers Wives).

I bet Suzuki take the smaller bottom end of the market

Try buying a newish Jimny at the moment. The prices are way over retail. The dealers buy them and sell them nearly new with a 20% markup. You can only buy the commercial variant now too. Suzuki couldn't get the emissions down low enough to import as a car. I believe fewer than 500 coming to the UK this year too. Even my 2009 model seems to be worth more now than I paid for it in 2014.

Land Cruiser 150 delivery times seem to be all over the place. Last September they were quoting a September 2022 delivery. It has since gone down to May and now back out to June.

This explains why the Landcuisers are going up in value.

I can't see that has anything to do with 80 series prices. They're far to old to be of any possible interest to anyone considering a new or nearly new 200/300 series etc. JMO

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Save the planet , law is all over the place drunk and stupid . The way things are looking no point investing in what has already been deemed obsolete . How many must they sell before the assembly plant pays for itself ?

4xOverland does not buy big modern SUVs to go into the outback, and no one in their right mind would. Apart from an unaffordable price tag, how many normal folk with muck under their finger nails actually want the gizzmo-tronick pretentious SUVs. He buys 20 year old Landcruisers, usually Troopers, and with sound reason. He has a big following and enthusiasts are taking note.
I have a customer with a 2004 Grand Vitara. He feels that it is way past its sell by date. There is nothing out there in the gizzmo-tronick SUV world that he wants. There is nothing wrong with his 18 yr old Suzuki, so the Suzuki stays. He is not on his own. He drools over my Amazon and is advising me to get it alarmed. He reckons these things are going to become on the 'nick list'. Not every one is been fooled into this government driven, ditch the diesel, by electric, 'butterfly farm' mentality. Only accountants. Having said that, my accountant has an Amazon bought and paid for. Every other year a new poxy Freelander Sport thing comes and goes, tax driven only. The J100 Amazon stays.

Back