Foxwing have a new version

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/shop/product/oztent-foxwing-270-degree-series-2-awning-10551/

Now let's not start fighting about which is the best awning. They all have their own merits. But I see there's a gen 2 Foxwing out. Most of the mods are trivial frankly and I would have thought they'd have really updated it to be self-supporting. But hey. Now one mod is a new bigger cover with a system for storing all the pegs and poles in with the awning. This makes sticking your poles somewhere much easier. Bus as any gen 1 owner knows, the bag is as tight as a gnat's chuff. This new bag will fit the gen 1 awning. Might be worth considering if you struggle to pack yours away or simply need a new cover. If it comes with the storage system then all the better, but I'm guessing that's extra, Just shove the poles in anyway. What I am not seeing so far is a choice of left or right opening. Might be wrong but I think Foxwing maybe racing to the back of the queue.

It now has semi hooked awning poles but looking at the design I can't see the point at all. I have replaced my awning spigots with hooked ones to just help prevent any lift. My plan was to find some pinnable feet so I could do away with guy ropes. Not got that far yet, but the top spigots are looking promising.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 14.40.44.jpg

Reactions: Scott

Gr8Yota

I am in scotland
May 11, 2017
Norfolk
Agree doesn’t look anything special. I prefer the models that have a forward folding arm to give full side coverage which this doesn’t look to do

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks