Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

France: Battlefields tour March 2016

Gutted. I wont be back from work in time. Looks fun

Looks fun indeed. But i will be in Thailand unfortunately.

So thought I would do a little report back on the trip....

In short- it was a great day out. We really enjoyed it and the guided commentary via CB radio was very good and informative. The gents guiding the tour look after the burial sites for commonwealth soldiers in Western Europe so it appears that they really know their stuff.

It was more of a "taster" than a full blown "show and tell" but I guess with the limited amount of time you can only see / do so much.

There was nothing on the tour that I believed really challenged the cruiser but you definitely would not be visiting some of the areas in your Ford Focus.

It also appears that France is having some issues with byways being closed for vehicles.

Would I go again or do another one of their tours - the answer is simply "hell yes!"

I bought the cruiser get me to places so I can see a few sites that have limited accessibility and that's exactly what it did on this trip.

On the way home we did get stopped by the police and immigration 4 times wanting to look at the back of the truck. I believe they thought we had been with the migrants in the fields/ jungle. However after seeing a couple of cases of wine in the back they were far more relaxed.

Here is a little video posted by the organisers.

http://youtu.be/mlg7WgX9ryg

Back