Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Freeways Lattitude - Update

Andrew Brierley

Country Flag
england
Whilst I think that these guys sell good products at a reasonable price (I have one of their winch bumpers), I just wanted to flag a growing concern about their service levels.

The winch bumper was shipped to the wrong address, and it took 3 weeks and numerous calls to arrange for them to collect and re-ship.
I ordered a wheel carrier and rock sliders in December, and I'm still waiting
The only guy that speaks reasonable English is Sebastian (the owner)
They never respond to emails
The usual answer is "he's not here, please call back tomorrow"

I did visit them when I was driving through France and they are a proper business with good facilities, but for some reason they can't seem to make things happen. Or perhaps I'm just unlucky?

Last edited:
I attempted to purchase a rear wheel carrier and gave up in the end. Constantly chasing for information and being fobbed off did it for me.

The real problem is .......they are French. I have yet to come across a company who's attitude is to help the customer. They all, without exception, think that you should feel privileged to be using them.....I know, I have lived here for 11 years! emails get no response. Letters are ignored. The only way is a registered letter and even they are refused to be accepted sometimes!
I love it here really!
If you really want some info, pm me with what you want and I will ask in froggy! maybe that will help?

Steve

Well, I'm delighted to report that my wheel carrier and sliders arrived yesterday - only had to wait 7 months!

However, I thought that you might like to know that the rear wheel carrier that Freeways is shipping is this one (http://store.powerful4x4.com.au/wheel-carrier-toyota-landcruiser-80-series-1990-1998/). I wouldn’t have known had there not been a set of “Powerful 4x4” fitting instructions in the box!

Having claimed that this bumper was made in China “to his own design”, I can’t help but feel that Sebastien (owner of Freeways Lattitude) is not a particularly forthright character….

Anyway, let's hope that it fits :)

Back