French fuel receipts

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
talking about filling up, I noticed the receipts we got for fuel and in motorway service stations in France this year showed how much the transaction was in FRF as well as EUR, which I never noticed before. Is that a new thing or did I just not notice on other trips? Seems a bit odd and made me wonder why.

Mmmm,

France getting ready to bail out of the Euro?
Or are they just loading their guns, showing the good people of France, how much fuel cost now, compared to the time before the convert from Francs to Euros?

Gra.

most things you buy here have FFR as well, even now all these years later! They look at the FRR price and then oolaa laa etc etc
Steve

Yes it was the big numbers that attracted my attention, when I was working out costs to base future trips on, just seemed strange after all this time but I guess tills are in circulation for a long time so they're still printing both prices.

In Hong Kong, I noticed that they split the fuel cost and duty on the receipt. It said something like -"You spent $20 on fuel and the Government took $30 off you in tax"

Not in the least bit political then.

Chris

Most of the receipts in France seem to have the price in FFR.

Never really looked at the fuel receipts while we were over there this Summer but SWMBO bought a pair of shoes and I was shocked to see the price in FFR (and only a little less shocked when I saw the price in Euros! :shock: :roll: )

Previous visits to EuroDisney etc. all had prices in Euros/FFR on the receipts.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When you do your fuel claim against your company accounts, Jon, just use the big number and don't worry about the currency symbol :lol: :clap:

Chris said:
In Hong Kong, I noticed that they split the fuel cost and duty on the receipt. It said something like -"You spent $20 on fuel and the Government took $30 off you in tax"

Not in the least bit political then.

Chris

Imagine the extra paper wasted in a month with all the taxes and levies they would have to print.

The government is pushing to give us all "invoices" on where our tax money went, it would be good to include this on petrol receipts so we could be re-angered each week.

Some of my neighbours still work in Francs and convert it to Euro's, and always complain that whatever it was was cheaper when we had Francs etc etc. :clap:
Steve

Back