Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fresh on the forum

MFI9

Country Flag
sweden
Dear all,

I'm a 48 year not so old vintage aviation enthusiast and pilot living in the south of Sweden.
Yesterday I bought my first Toyota LC HZJ-70 2000.
Have owned a Mitsu L200 in the past, I hope that will be forgiven by the forum :icon-biggrin:

My name is Martin Forsberg from Lund and so fare (24h) there is no mods done to the LC, but there will be in the future for sure.
Plan is to use it for traveling in northern Scandinavia and some 4-wheeling.

During early -90 I competed in circuit racing in a Mazda Rx-7 and I'm also the founder of the Swedish rotary engine (Wankel) organisation, so I have some knowledge when it comes to cars and building/modifying.
When it comes to 4-wheeling, I have limited experience as I have until now always stayed on the pawed part of the world :icon-smile:

During transport (driving) my LC home yesterday I meth a guy in a Land Rover, he flashed he's headlight and waved, I think this 4-wheeling community has showed it self from the best side so fare. Hope to be able to contribute in the future on this forum also.

Cheers
Martin

Welcome Martin. Lok forward to seeing pics of the truck and what you do plan to do.

Welcome Martin - a Cruiser just in time for winter :)

Well, won't be driving the LC during winter. It will however most possible lose the roof for some space increasing work. So this winter will be filled with installation of a gas stove and fridge. Bed and cupboard plus water tank and an extra 70-100 liter diesel. It only have 165000 km on the odo so mechanical it's in good shape. Need a brake job though.

Br
Martin

Sounds you have good country side back there in Scandinavia. Glad you joined us here, welcome!

I've missed this thread somehow, welcome to the forum Martin and your newly-wed LC HZJ-70. Such a young bride (2000) for a not so young 48 year old :lol:

We have the HZJ bit in common at least, very nice intro and an interesting part of the world you're in for offroad, I would imagine.

I agree the 4x4 community is great, in and out of the forum, I've met some great guys here, and whether they have Pajeros, Landrovers, Toyotas or Ladas makes no difference to me, its more an attitude or approach to the sport and life in general that makes a connection between people.

They're a great bunch on here, feed us with stories and photos and everyone's happy.

You might even get some good advice on your intended mods and repairs.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've missed this thread somehow, welcome to the forum Martin and your newly-wed LC HZJ-70. Such a young bride (2000) for a not so young 48 year old :lol:

We have the HZJ bit in common at least, very nice intro and an interesting part of the world you're in for offroad, I would imagine.

I agree the 4x4 community is great, in and out of the forum, I've met some great guys here, and whether they have Pajeros, Landrovers, Toyotas or Ladas makes no difference to me, its more an attitude or approach to the sport and life in general that makes a connection between people.

They're a great bunch on here, feed us with stories and photos and everyone's happy.

You might even get some good advice on your intended mods and repairs.

Welcome Martin and your HZJ-70 2000, when you've posted more, about 15 I think, we will expect some pictures, we like pictures. :banana-gotpics:

PS.
Ooh Clive you said the L word. :laughing-rolling:

Welcome Martin and your HZJ-70 2000, when you've posted more, about 15 I think, we will expect some pictures, we like pictures. :banana-gotpics:

PS.
Ooh Clive you said the L word. :laughing-rolling:

Must have been autotype Chas, damn this autocorrect thingy :lol:

Welcome Martin, looking forward to seeing some photos of your truck.

The guy in the Land Rover was just being friendly in case he meets you next time it breaks down, sort of insurance really just in case you could give him a tow, jump start, bucket, umbrella or roll of gaffer tape. [emoji6]

Proper intro BTW, just how they like 'em round here [emoji4]

Last edited:
Dear fellow Toyofriends,

Thanks for your kind words, I’m afraid its been to long since I made an update on what has happened to the cruiser.
I realise I haven’t made any update... :-( (shame on me)

The following things has been done since I bought the car:
Some minor rust repair
OME springs and shocks, 2" lift
OME caster kit
OME brake load valve kit
OME sway bar kit front and rear
17x8" alu wheels whit Cooper ST Maxx
Rebuilt front calipers
New windscreen
Built a bull bar
Installed a front WinchMax
Built a rear bumper whit spare, axe and shovel holder
Installed a 70 litre water tank where the spare used to be
Built interia whit sink (hot and cold water), diesel stove (one fuel, not the risks whit gas leaks) dining area for two, sleeping area for one or two depending on configuration, 12V cooler whit ACU, 95Ah battery whit Cetek D250 for rear area, two separate closets, a folding table on the right back door and a table plus two seats to use outdoors.
Insulation and sound dampening
Curtains
Bunduawn, 2 x 270 dgr
Built 2,5" exhaust straight trough
2" fender flares front and rear
Changed the back side windows to sliding open style
Installed 444-446 and 27 MHz radio
Changed front seats to Volvo S50

More is coming for the future....

At the moment I’m installing a used AC, but found today that one of the pipes was broken.
Is there anyone that has the two pipes that goes to the cooling element under the dash to sell me ??

And the car has now officially a name: Rig Ormortis.

All the best !

/Martin

Yea, a bit.
Try to upload a pic..
IMG_20170608_175110_resized_20170624_110430041.jpg

Cheers,
Martin

And the pipe I’m looking for is 88716-6A140, that’s the thine one going from the condensor to the cooling package and its from a KZJ70.

IMG_20170428_184000_resized_20170624_110904732.jpg

Wow Martin you certainly have been busy, all those mods sound great but not as great as the name Rig Ormortis that is a cracker of a name. Some pics of the additions inside would be welcome too.

Nice thanks for the update.

What is the make of the awning you have please?

Any links also would be great

Tha ks guys I reread the post and noticed it was bundutec.

How do you find the awning?

Looks massive. is there any support for high winds? can you get sides or is the awning so big you don't need theme?

Tha ks guys I reread the post and noticed it was bundutec.

How do you find the awning?

Looks massive. is there any support for high winds? can you get sides or is the awning so big you don't need theme?

Well, for me an unsupported awning was a must, I hate stumbling on ropes and poles in the dark.
There are ropes that you can attach to ground pegs, but if needed I fix them to the car, like bumper etc.
Quality is okay, but not more. Mine had a weld that had a sharp edge witch made a hole in the canvas. I made a claim and got some pcs of canvas and glue to fix it. Construction and function is great, side walls can be bought but then you need support poles. And Bundu does not deliver poles, that you have to fix yourself.
I see no need for walls though, as its so big.

Cheers,
/Martin

Back