Fridge slide sorted

mettisse

Supporter
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I've had a fridge slide for a few years now but never been totally happy with how it fitted in the back of the 'bruiser. Finally, I've had time to sort it how I think it was meant to be. It's an Engel 40 ltr, sitting on a sprung base, in a Waeco slide. Well, the mounting of the slide is now courtesy of two lengths of 2" x 1" steel tube using the stock seat brackets, all no big deal, but now the sprung base is mounted so that the base is secured onto the slide without using straps ( onto the fridge) enabling the fridge to to rock and roll on the sprung base like it's supposed to. I'm happy. Best regards to all, Billy Westley image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I'm intrigued Bill as to why there is a perceived need for the whole mass of the fridge to be sprung and waggling around. Just out of curiosity.

Good question! I had the same thought, but in reality it don't move that much, about a quarter of an inch up and down when empty or loaded, like a shock absorber really.
I bought my first Engel in '97, it was secondhand, came with the suspension and the outer cover, cost£500 back then and secondhand! It ran for years and years then it packed up, bought a new one for not much more, kept the protector and the suspender, now fitted properly, it's not something I'd go and buy, but I had it already.Bill Westley

Road test, filled to the top with beer bottles ( full of course, recently liberated from France on a day trip) and I'm well pleased with the result, not waggling about or swaying, also drove along an unmade near us, ( not quite Greenlaning) all good, well pleased

Back