Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Friend selling 51 D4D Manual Colorado

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
As it says really, my old neighbour is selling their D4D Collie. It's done 144k. It's been looked after and actually serviced by me. Not so long ago it had all diff oils and gearbox done so it's not one of these neglected old things. I've driven and it's very good indeed. The D4D is a world apart from the old 1KZ-TE. Mechanically very good, but as you'd expect there are some scrapes on the bumper caps and so on. This is a Cruiser forum so I shouldn't have to explain every minute detail here. It's a 51 plate Collie. It's had replacement alloys with ATs fitted. This is just right for the winter we're going to have. It has a towbar and lectrics. All round I'd maybe give it an 8/10

If you wanted to make an expedition vehicle then you'd probably chuck most of the plastic and strap something else on. It's on Autotrader for £4750. Probably open to offers I'd think. MOT til Feb. From memory I think it does about 28 mpg. Either contact me if you are genuinely interested or search out the ad on Trader. I can't tell you much more. Make someone a decent motor though.

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG image7.JPG

Now being advertised at £3995

Please tell me more about this "winter we are going to have"..

Now at £3495. Seriously, no one interested? Manual D4D, well looked after, few cosmetic scrapes? Worth considering as an upgrade for some of you...

Probably worth that much in parts!

What's the underneath like Chris any rot?

Stu, last time I looked it was excellent. I did the anti roll bar bushes and warned Julia that it could be tricky. Got under there and all the bolts came out in a oner. It was very clean and tidy. Although she's moved, she's only up the road so if someone was genuinely interested I could go and do a detailed picture shoot. There's a scratch on one of the doors, I think possibly the alarm fob packed up and there's scuffs on the bumper ends here and there, but when I drove it I thought, man this is good. Julia then took it to a local garage and found that the O2 sensor or something had failed. She replaced that and I drove it again. I nearly bought it then for the missus.

Have to say it's tempting myself, but I just don't need a Collie. We know they're good trucks and for an overlander this would make a good one. The mpg beats the 80 hands down and unless you're trying to cross the Congo, it'll go anywhere you need it to.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Chris can you get s9me photos from underneath please.

Cheers

Looks pretty good underneath

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 20.02.19.jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 20.03.06.jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 20.02.39.jpg

Back