Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front ABS sensors

Grimbo

Country Flag
great_britain
After a busy summer and going self employed I have found a bit of time to give my 80 some TLC .

After 160K miles the front axle is being treated to some new SKF CV joints , outer hub plates and roller bearing conversion plus all seals and bearings in the hubs.

Trouble is on removing the R/H ABS sensor it snapped round where the O ring sits .
I would rather not spend nearly £400 on a new kit from Toyota and as the ABS was fine before the loom and other sensor are fine .

Has anyone sourced the individual sensors ....I have seen one on the internet but they had a 2 week lead time and not convinced the site was totally legit....plus I can't find it again.
I have left Karl a voice message on the off chance he has one .

Milner sell them. I know they are the full loom, but just ask Carl if he has the sensors on their own.

Details on the SKF CVs would be appreciated ...

SKF CV's look good , came from a French 4x4 dealer . Only issue was despite telling me and checking they were for a late 24 valve with ABS ......they were non ABS ones ....luckily the rings from the Toyota ones fitted .
I did try to buy another set but they don't seem to be available .
Time will tell on quality but they have SKF etched on them and SKF are industry leaders with bearings so unlikely to put their name on poor parts ( I hope)

My preferred source of parts ....ie Rough Trax have genuine ABS kits for less than I can buy from my once helpful local main dealer . You almost feel like Landcruiser is a dirty word and all they want is to sell you some crappy hybrid . The parts guy tries to move mountains still but is foiled at every attempt.

Shame I was too late getting back to you mate. Least you got sorted out super fast .

Back