Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front blower motor components and wiring ?

Paulpen

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys

After getting my alternator replaced and battery's charging correctly the front blower motor has stopped working on any more and speed.

My laptop hard drive corrupted last week so I've lost the workshop manual etc so working blind.

It's a 2002 with automatic climate control so I imagine it's ecu controlled but without knowing what the system is wired like I'm a bit in the dark

Cracked it - managed to get to that relay and it all tested fine on the bench but there was no power waiting to be switched !

Alot of tracking back and found the fuse on the battery terminal to not be making contact at the pin - I'm not sure how long it might have been like this or why they are not listed in the manual etc !

Either way big thanks for the help uHu

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200504-102049.png
    Screenshot_20200504-102049.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Good thinking, batman. Cracking tracking.
I was thinking of the fusible link as well, but decided that if that was the problem, you would have seen more symptoms, other systems not working.

You would think it would impact other systems but then it is a single pin connector and I'm not sure how it links to the fusebox as never found a diagram.

I'm guess it was loose and then moving the terminal to disconnect the battery finished it off !

Would be interesting to know what the fuses on the terminal are linked too....

Back